Dumog

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by stump, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Makes sense to avoid the ground - period!

In fact - makes sense to avoid all forms of violence.

Sense doesn't always prevail unfortunately :(

2. Stickgrappler

Stickgrappler Valued Member

"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be a quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

:)

however, the DB do the stickgrappling in an atmosphere which sort of facilitates it, what with the grass in the original gatherings and mat/padding in the new gathering location and the "be friends at the end of the day" and "leave with the same IQ as coming in" and of course the fencing helmet plays a big factor.

regardless, it's an area of stickfighting which should be studied to be a well-rounded stickfighter.

3. Wayne Estokada

Wayne Estokada New Member

Hello Stump.

I'm new to this forum and I saw your message about Dumog. If your interested I could tell you a little bit about the system of Dumog I teach called Haribon Dumog.
    The only real difference in learning Haribon Dumog is that the Grappling Techniques are drawn exclusively from all areas of the weapons training.
    It's the Principles and Concepts behind what type of weapon you are training and how to translate those motions into the same motion you would use in a Grappling Situation. Be it Standing or on the Ground. Weapon vs. Empty Hand. Weapon vs. Weapon.
    The body can move only so many ways. So Haribon Dumog can look like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, or Shooto, or Judo. But the difference is that the source we draw from this in the weapons training.
    If you have any more questions, please ask.
    Thank You.

Guro Wayne. Kali. JFJKD. Haribon Dumog Instructor.

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Wayne - this thread has been dead since December 2002!

If you wish to start a thread discussing dumog - feel free to start one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.