Double Daggers with master lee kam wing

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Ghoul, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Ghoul

Ghoul your newest role model

i know there are one or two other 7star praying mantis people here, and i ment to ask earlyer, did anyone else from MAP attend the 7star seminer last thursday in corby
    it was great to see the other 7* classes from around the country (much fewer then i thought, only about 50-80 people), as well as master lee kam wing himself, and seeing the senior people (the class i go to only started last year so we are all basicly beginners) really reminded me why i was doing it.
    after the warm up, and abit of practice of some fist forms we got to learn a double dagger form, which was great, i dont know wheater he was just an great teacher, or wheather i was just really concentrating, but i have never learned a form so quickly, (well the basic movements) now i have to work on tidying it up, improving my stance etc

so yeah, it was great fun

2. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

What clubs were there, Ghoul?

3. Ghoul

i dont acturly know, thought ITSWA is the name of the governing body

4. CFT

CFT Valued Member

My guess is that this seminar would have been arranged by sifu Derek Frearson. I know that they have a summer camp this week where everyone usually gets to try out Wing Chun, 7* Praying Mantis and Yang style Tai Chi.

5. Ghoul

yes i believe it was organised by sifu Derek Frearson there were only 2 sifus there, and one of them was my sifu alan smith and i think i heard somone say frearson was the other though he was never introduced. i hadent heard anything about a summer camp :( ah well maybe he'll mention it at class tonight

6. keef

keef Valued Member

Hi Ghoul,

I wish I had known about the seminar as the double daggers is one of the weapon forms I want to learn, I`m not too jelous, honest ;-)

The summer camp with Sifu Lee Kam Wing is indeed on this week in Barnsley, organised by Sifu Derek Frearson, it is a yearly event.

Which version of 7* do you do? Im with the Lee Kam Wing Hong Kong Branch?

Cheers

Keef

7. Ghoul

to keff < northern shaolin seven star praying mantis. taught by sifu alan smith

also i found out why there were so few there, it was just students of alan smith that were there, the other sifus have seperate seminars (so i guess there not really seminars there lessions)

yeah the double dagger form we learned is great.

tonights class was not, it was the most painful thing ever qwa blocks :cry:

8. jaytee42

jaytee42 New Member

Hi Ghoul, Keef

Hmmm, double daggers ;)

Haven't learnt it yet, (yup, I'm jealous as well) but is definitely one I'm looking forward to.

Couldn't go to the summer camp as I already had a holiday booked months ago - got back last night - so I'll find out what I missed out on next training! Ahh, well, always next year I suppose...

As for the qwa block, I sympathise: never thought I brusied easily til I started doing mantis.