Does soke know Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by hendry, Feb 21, 2008.

1. SWEHurricane

SWEHurricane Valued Ninjer

But how do all these things effect your own training?

2. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Ignorance is bliss, eh.

So now you're being smucked upside the head with the reality fish and you want to whine about it. Why not just do something about it? And whining on an internet board is not 'doing something'.

You can choose to:
    1)leave and go elsewhere for your desired training
    2)shut up and train and become part of what would eventually be a 'solution' and not the 'problem'.
    3)etc.

3. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Just going out on a limb here, I could be wrong, but I'm gonna say he might own another sword laying around somewhere. Not to say he did study TSKSR, but that's a silly way to "prove" anything, unless I totally misunderstood you.

4. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Katori Shinto Ryu demanded a keppan blood seal to join and would not consider a student who wished to study the art simply to complement their own art.Master Otake Ritsuke of the Katori Shinto Ryu is one of the most respected masters in Japan and I am certain that neither Soke or any other master of any art would claim to be "better" at Katori Shinto Ryu than he.

regards koyo

Perhaps you misunderstood when I said sword I meant swordwork. I have seen Katori Shinto Ryu, one of my aiki ken teachers was a master and I have had nijutsu students visit the makotokai and the sword arts are clearly different.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  5. zenpokaiten

zenpokaiten Valued Member

Then why lurk on a Ninjutsu forum if that is how you feel? The situation is self explanitory. Leave, and take Crow with you. You both appear to have this art figured out, so why hang around here? :confused:

6. Crow

Crow Valued Member

You know, the usual reasons, we didn't understand, feel or "get it" enough about BJK and being bullied in school, generally anti-social and pathetic creatures we are, we have nothing better to do. Or... we believed and gave our trust to teachers who were on an ego trip, couldn't accept they were wrong and wasted years of our life. Paybacks a bitch ain't it. I look forward to any chance getting a BJK dan grade on the mat...

7. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Yep, totally misunderstood. I've seen him do a similar noto, but that doesnt mean much. There's only so many ways to do it anyway. Thanks.

8. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

Why don't you try jumping one of them in the parking lot and find out.

Actually, let me explain further. I don't know if they "grapple," but we don't in the dojo. If you wanted to "challenge" them, I don't know what they would say. You'll have to find that out for yourself.

9. zenpokaiten

Thats definately getting even! I guess? I would at least disclose the teacher's name that ripped me off instead of making myself look like my webos had'nt dropped. You hate the Bujinkan right? You think we all suck yes? Then move on, its that simple. At the end of the day you better think hard about who you are making look bad, because it is'nt the Bujinkan. ;)

10. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

No. That is BS and you know it.

This is not "questioning" for information. I dont give a crap about that. He doesnt want information. He hears something and starts conflict, he doesnt care what anyone else says.

Me going into the BJJ forum and saying "So i heard all the gracies came out of the closet, and BJJ is really a form of homo wrestling. Is this true?

Thats call being a troll, not questioning your training or your teachers.

11. SWEHurricane

SWEHurricane Valued Ninjer

That was wierd...

12. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

Yep, but now what he's asked the mods to delete his account, he won't be doing that any more... :rolleyes:

13. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Don't worry. He's also been reported for a few ToS violations.

14. zenpokaiten

Now I could be off on this, but I am going to go out on a limb on this one. You leaving will be the best contribution you can make to this forum. Good luck on your journey.

15. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

Oh...The answer to the original question is still no, Hatsumi knows nothing about Katori Shinto Ryu...

Before this gets locked we may as well clear up that issue..

Regards.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  16. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

It is getting locked at least until I can run thru it.
    I got 13 reported posts on this thread alone when I got home.

17. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Re opened after I removed most of the hijack.

OK back to the OP. Is there any verifiable source that can attest to the statement. If it is true then it is in Hatsumis corner to explain the comment.

Can we try and keep it to the thread.

18. noname

noname Valued Member

:|

"If there's nothing to hide then tough questions shouldn't be a problem ........"

it isn't a tough question.....go talk to Hatsumi first.....

So, fifthchamber, you know Hatsumi personally do you? He's told you that himself, has he? (honestly curious)

if not, how do you back up your claim that Hatsumi knows nothing of Katori Shinto Ryu?

19. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Even I know something of katori Shinto Ryu. However the claim that anyone would be "better" than the recognised sword master of the school without the lifetime study that he put into that school alone beggars belief.

I think it is one of those "I heard from someone who overheard someone say....." pieces of nonsense.

regards koyo

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  20. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

The question is not if he knows "something", but rather, if he knows anything more than say, your average guy who knows about Japanese martial arts...He doesn't. Quite obviously.

If you feel any need to debate me on this, please PM me...I don't need to write anything more here.

Regards.