Does soke know Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by hendry, Feb 21, 2008.

1. hendry

hendry Valued Member

Is it true that Soke knows Katori Shinto Ryu?

Apparently he used to say that he knew the ryuha better than the members of the Katori Shinto Ryu!!!!!!

Any idea if he was speaking literally?

If he does know this ryuh, where did he learn it?

2. bdstexas

bdstexas Valued Member

No he doesn't know it. He has never been a student of TSKSR which can be verified through the shihan-ke or the Soke of TSKSR.

Who knows why he would make such an asinine statement if he really did say it. If he did then it is bad budo plain and simple.

3. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Hendry, verify your information please. When he said it. Who is telling you this.

If you can't then you are just trying to start something.

4. hendry

hendry Valued Member

Oh ye of little faith!!!!

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showpost.php?p=291814&postcount=38

Why do you automatically assume I am making things up??

5. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

In case you did not see althaur's questions:

WHEN did Sôke say it? WHO heard it?

Posting a link to a post on a forum where someone says "someone said it, but I can't find it right now" (or "This is a man who has stated, per other posters, that he does and knows Katori Shinto-ryu far better than practitioners of the actual ryu (I can't cite this thread's location, but I recall it)."), is NOT an answer to those questions.

:rolleyes:

6. hendry

hendry Valued Member

Well that's not my goddamn problem ..... take it up with the person that made the statement in the post I linked to.

At least I've shown that I didn't just invent this out of thin air ....... so those people who just assumed I am a liar know what they can do with their assumption.

In fact, I am starting to get pretty annoyed at being spoken to as though I am just making stuff up.

If you don't like the post I linked to then take it up with the guy who wrote it ....... he's pretty well known and is not just a random "someone".... LOL!!! Are you saying he's lying when he says he recalls it?

[And here's another thread by the way:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68285]

7. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

So you used a post that was hearsay (at least 3rd person) as your verification???

Yeah. Okay.

8. hendry

hendry Valued Member

Well at least it shows you were full of it when you implied that *I* had made it up.

I bet it ****es you off to see that you were wrong about me inventing it out of the blue.

If you think it's hearsay then go take it up with the person who made the post. Just stop wasting my time with your nonsense .....

9. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

No it doesn't. It shows a pattern with you. You "hear" something and then regurgitate it as if it is the truth.

I highly doubt you could anger me.

10. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

God you are a troll.

11 of the threads you've created have been locked.

and over 75% of them are either questioning someones integrity in the bujinkan, questioning someones character in the Bujinkan, or questioning the bujinkan itself.

And not the good kind of questioning either.

Smart people see right through you. You make these posts to start conflict because you think you know things people dont, or you hear something from this person who heard it from another person, and you use it to aid in your obvious agenda.

Your posts are annoying and obviously made to cause flames, not for information.

11. SWEHurricane

SWEHurricane Valued Ninjer

You have written alot of stuff that makes people think your a troll. I personally don't care about previous posts when I discuss something on a forum, if not I would just be a part of the problem imo.

In this thread though, you intentionally or unintentionally made it sound like what you were saying was a well known fact, but the original quote comes along with this:

When it comes to sensitive information, you have to be sure before you post, especially since there are so many rumors floating around and making people bitter.

I personally don't have anything against you. I just think it would be better if we rememberd to be careful with spreading rumors.

12. hendry

hendry Valued Member

When you watch the art you have dedicted years to literally going down the toilet with each passing year, then yeah I think it's time to ask hard questions. If they're not "the good kind of questions" then that's just tough. If there's nothing to hide then tough questions shouldn't be a problem ........

13. hendry

hendry Valued Member

Huh???

Did you not read the part where I asked "Is it true?"

HINT: It was the very first words of the very first post in this thread. You can't miss it.

14. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Followed by;

How should that be taken?

15. hendry

hendry Valued Member

Notice the word "apparently"?

And also, notice how the very title of my thread was a question .... and not a statement.

16. hendry

hendry Valued Member

Only cults (and lying politicians) whine about questions not being "the good kind".....

It reminds me of the people who complain that "you attacked me wrong" when their technique doesn't work. LOL!

In the real world, there is no "bad kind" of question .... just like there is no "wrong attack".

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  17. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Any one who sees Soke's sword can see it is not Katori Shinto Ryu so the answer is no. The rest is supposition.

The thread should be closed.

regards koyo

18. hendry

hendry Valued Member

19. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Oh, we know you're not making stuff up. But your taking rumour (of the internet variety, no less) and using it to incite.

So you are of the opinion that the art you have dedicated years of whining about literally going down the toilet is because Hatsumi may or may not have said something about him knowing or not knowing another art called Katori Shinto Ryu?

get help.

20. hendry

hendry Valued Member

Finally.
    Thank you.

Nope not because of that.

But there are plenty of other reasons why I think it's going down the toilet. And anyone who doesn't see those reasons REALLY needs to read the Emperor's New Clothes ................

I had so much passion for this art when I started ..... it was like everything I dreamed a martial art would be ....... But now I feel cheated and misled and I know a lot of other people do too.