Does ninjutsu work?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Grass hopper, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cptequinox

cptequinox Warrior Poet.

Could you tell us how you would 'smash him'?

That is quite a bold statement to make about the head of a MA organization.

2. cptequinox

cptequinox Warrior Poet.

This seems like a bit of a troll mate...

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

*edit* it was explained away elsewhere

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  4. cypherslock

cypherslock Valued Member

Some of the disrespect I see is astounding. Just because someone is decades older, doesn't automatically mean you win. Old saying: "old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill."

5. Da Lurker

Da Lurker Valued Member

but youth and skill AND treachery will overcome old age and treachery. who says young guys can't be sneaky?

the thing is, look at the man. a young guy, in a place where many people want him dead and he still survives vs. an old guy in a peaceful setting, even if he is a martial arts master.

it's the difference between a staff sergeant who's a veteran of 4 campaigns and a 4-star general who's never been under fire. it's the difference between knowing how to drive and being able to drive in a city like new delhi, bangkok or manila.

6. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Not necessarily.

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

How exactly did you counter his wrestling, manhandle him, take him and apply a sleeper?

Im on the verge of declaring shinanigans on your story.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  8. Hannibal

Especially as Takamatsu said he would have big problems against Rikidozan

9. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I would put on a Tapout shirt with a Bad Boy bandanna and smash him all day.

Interpret that how you will.

:ban:

10. Hannibal

I like your style!

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Pressure testing and good body control. And the fact I'm like a quarter his age.

I don't know why you guys are taking this so personally? I love Hatsumi, I want nothing more than to learn Ninjutsu (I have threads on it). He's a really old guy who admittedly hasn't had a resisting opponent in the last... 20 years?

You think he's invincible? An 80 something year old man?

12. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I think people are reacting as if tge idea of a young whippersnapper like you being able to bring down the grandmaster means the entire art is useless. They forget that people get old and after a while their value is in teaching. Hatsumi is a font of knowledge, but more a lover than a fighter now. Which is natural.

The flaw I see, is where are the next generation of able bodied men and women who are in their fighting prime coming through the ranks- where are their pressure tests? If nobody steps up here then the next generation it will continue to fall apart.

Good techniques, good strategy, but poor training methods.

13. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Hatsumi has more chance of dying of a heart attack than you have of squashing him. :)

In all seriousness though I get what you are saying, but just because he is old don't think he hasn't got some dirty little tricks up his sleeve. After all, he is a Ninja. :)

14. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

The whole challenge a grandmaster idea isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Ideas like this aren't new and pretty much we may be talking about different situations.

If for instance, it was in a real world situation. First off, anyone can be sucker punched. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face... etc. The point is that ANYONE can be dangerous.

If, however, this was a challenge match. Then the grandmaster's livelihood could be at stake and just not every challenger is taken. First an unknown would most likely have to prove themselves worthy. Challenge a old Gracie and maybe you have to go through Renzo first at a minimum. Of course during these other fights, you are being observed and analyzed for weaknesses and strengths, plus maybe getting a bit beat up... even if you do win.

Just saying.

15. Hannibal

Gracie vs Kato for example :)

16. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

"Admittedly".

That's a good one.

It's not that simple though.

17. garth

garth Valued Member

Chadderz posted...

I'll reply to this with a joke.

A Samurai goes into a town and heads for the local watering hole. When he enters inside he sees an old man by the bar. The samurai heads for the bar and pushes the old man aside at which point the old man gets the samurai in a wrist lock, twists him onto his back and propels the samurai through the window.

The samurai not believing he has been beaten so easily goes away and trains every day for three years.

After the three years he heads back into town and straight to the same watering hole. He sees the same old man at the bar so with his new found skills he heads towards the old man. He grabs the old man by the scruff of the neck but in an instant the old man turns, gets an armlock on the samurai, spins him around and throws him through a window.

The samurai is stunned by how easily he has been beaten yet again and heads back through the door of the bar and says loudly to the old man "I don't understand it, I've been training everyday for the past three years".

The old man replies "So have I"

18. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Cult worship mentality and out of touch with reality.

19. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Harsh way of saying it. More like you think your father is able to handle any situation, until the day you realize he is just another guy.

20. garth

garth Valued Member

Ero sennin posted...

is this comment aimed at everyone in general or a particular person?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.