Does "Better Together" Make A Good Case For The Union?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiwolfie, Apr 7, 2013.

1. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

It would be sensible to ask if the BBC knew about this technology back then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/business-15285441

Yes it did. :)

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I'm not sure you even understand the point you are trying to make anymore.

Are you still arguing that the BBC has been sitting on, or suppressing stories about oil recovery technology in the run up to the referendum? Because I'm pretty sure that's where you started off this evening.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

It's a giant conspiracy, everybody against the plucky Scots Nationalists who won the referendum really but were swindled out of it by a joint effort of the BBC, the Govt, all other media, HM Liz, Van Zandt and the Gnomes of Zurich.

Obviously.

Mitch

4. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

let's just say for the point of argument that scotland was independent and got access to its "own" energy reserves in the north sea. do people really think that would translate to jobs for scots?

5. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

It does right now. So um yeah. It's not about the jobs though. It's about the tax revenues from the oil it's self. The Scottish Government want to use that to create a sovereign wealth fund.

Right now Panama, which Better Together liked to run down during the referendum campaign, has a larger sovereign wealth fund than the UK. ;)

6. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I had no idea the Gnomes of Zurich were involved. Then again Ruth Davidson is suspiciously small and fat. You may be onto something. And to back up your crazy ideas. There's another police investigation under-way after something Ruth Davidson said on TV attracted some complaints.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...aim-no-campaign-viewed-postal-votes-1-3552492

7. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

8. holyheadjch

Now that would be a big deal if it can be proven true.

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

10. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

There are also quite a number of anecdotal statements claiming ballot papers did not have barcodes or serial numbers on the back. All ballot papers in the UK must have these for the vote to be legal. Any ballot paper without a barcode and serial number is discarded as though you never voted.

11. holyheadjch

This I don't believe. All ballot papers are verified before being counted. I don't see how that could have happened in non-trivial numbers.

12. Mitch

I see we've managed to get some Islamist nutters to kick off in the Middle East too, just to divert attention from the Referendum Conspiracy.

Mitch

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That must have really took some doing because they are so placid and reasonable over there.......

14. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

No. They're the distraction created to prevent you from noticing the harm hydraulic fracturing does to the water table. Which is a whole other issue. But all that aside. Ruth Davidson, leader of the Scottish Conservatives and staunch unionist, said what she said live on TV on the night of the referendum. And what she claimed was happening is highly illegal. It's not allowed.

15. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

The barcode should be printed on the ballot paper before it gets to the polling station. So verification before counting is a few steps too late.

16. holyheadjch

It gets verified repeatedly and by a different person each time at every step in the process.

I'm confused, what exactly (and who exactly) are you accusing the No campaign of?

17. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Didn't accuse the no campaign of anything.

18. holyheadjch

Ok. Was there another point you were trying to make with the blank ballot papers?

19. Mitch

The volcano in Japan then?

20. holyheadjch

No. That was to distract from the UKIP conference. Keep up, Mitch.