Does anyone know Fedor's next opponent???

Discussion in 'MMA' started by shaolinmonkmark, May 22, 2007.

1. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

Does anyone know Fedor's next opponent???

2. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Pride is in Limbo currently and his contract is still being negotiated.

3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i want to see him fight too. i hear fighters from pride keep going to ufc.

4. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

i had a dream i read the paper last night
    its said rampage jackson KOTFO by chuck

maybe it will happen, teach him to stay in pride i guess hehe

5. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Minotauro is going to debut soon in the UFC.

I'd like to see him rematch Fedor. But before that I'd like to see Fedor fight the winner of Couture v. Gonzaga or Arvloski.

So in order here are the matchups I'd like to see against Fedor and who I'd call in the fight:

Fedor v.
    1) Winner of Couture v. Gonzaga -Fedor wins
    2) Andrei Arvlovski -Fedor wins
    3) Mintotauro - Fedor wins
    4) Tim Sylvia- Fedor wins and Sylvia retires
    5) Cro-cop - Fedor wins
    6) Hong Man Choi or Antonio Silva - Fedor wins (just wanna see him fight a giant)

I hope Fedor gets a chance to keep fighting top fighters, knock on wood.

Obviously I'm a li'l biased but I don't care.

6. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I think Gonzaga would/will give Fedor the most trouble out of the guys you named.

7. Agutrot-

Agutrot- Jack of all Trades

I think Randy would. He came back as one of the smartest fighters out there.

8. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

I think we will eventually see a Couture/Fedor fight. It is only a matter of time.

9. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Trouble is, Couture is getting older and Fedor is already incredibly fast...

Gonzaga on the other hand has a great ground game and his striking is obviously much improved...

His grappling is likely better than Fedor's, which not many of his opponents could say.

10. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Yeah, Gonzaga would be a lot of trouble. Fedor by decision.

11. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

i think fedor would beat gonzanga and couture

i think fedor would beat gonzanga and couture.
    It wouldn't be easy, but he would do it.
    Couture has been working out alot with Bas Rutten, and Bas is lethal.

12. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

I hope Randys got some more fights left in him, one day you just gotta stop for real hope its not on a wipe out.

13. Humanpunchbag

Humanpunchbag Valued Member

Fedor could eat Gonzaga for breakfast, gonzaga would get KOd in the 2nd round. As much as I love Randy I dont see him lasting a round with Fedor. Cro Cop has the potential he just needs alot more training to make it to the top. Big Nog is the only one I see giving Fedor a challenge. Sylvia would be Fedor's flabby punching bag...it would be one sad sad fight. Mark Hunt vs Gonzaga would be a nice match up.

14. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I think Gonzaga vs Hunt would be a one sided affair...Gonzaga is just as good as Fedor on the ground, maybe even better...

As to Fedor knocking Gonzaga out, I have no idea how you came to that conclusion?

He has one KO win, in his second fight ever...His stand up is not all that good and when you realize Gonzaga knocked Mirko out, that is very impressive.

15. Humanpunchbag

Kevin Randleman also knocked Mirko out, but it doesnt put him on par with the best of the best. Gonzaga was having his day, Cro Cop wasnt...give Cro Cop a chance to come back and see what he can do. Cro Cop will turn Tim Sylvia into mincemeat.

If Big Nog couldn't stop Fedor, Gonzaga doesnt stand a chance. Gonzaga would have a hard time taking Mark hunt to the floor, he doesn't have the power to inflict any serious damage with strikes. Hunt took the best Cro Cop had to offer and shrugged it off.

16. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

That's seriously misrepresenting the standup proficiency of both fighters. Gonzaga knocked CroCop out because CroCop was dazed from all the elbows he'd eaten on the ground. It was an impressive win, but it's not like he outstruck CroCop outright. And while Fedor isn't known for his knockouts, it's not like Gonzaga has been knocking people out left and right either. He has only one other KO win (against a nobody) and Werdum was able to stand with him quite easily. Also, Fedor's style is possibly a huge part of why he doesn't knock guys out on their feet. For one thing, he hits very hard. That's good for getting knockouts, but in his case it often knocks guys off their feet when another fighter might not have done so. He tends to follow up his striking attacks with throws, often in the same motion, which will again put people on the ground.

And a lot of people might say one fighter would knock another out and still consider knocking a person out on the ground to be in that category, in which case Fedor has knocked out more than just one fighter. But yeah, I doubt Fedor will knock Gonzaga out on his feet. Still, it's ridiculous to say that Fedor's standup is "not all that good."

Gonzaga knocked CroCop out (impressive, but one must consider that CroCop was stunned from the elbows on the ground and that Kevin Randleman, not known at all for stellar striking ability, pulled off the same feat).

Fedor outstruck Gary Goodridge, toyed with Nogueira (who has proven his striking ability in more of his fights than Gonzaga has), went toe-to-toe with CroCop for a decision win and even rocked him a couple of times, and has consistently either outstruck all of his opponents or used his striking skills to setup throws and trips from the clinch.

17. Humanpunchbag

Brilliant post, I couldn't have put it better myself.

18. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

I agree. Speaking of which. All the upsets have now made other matchup ppl wanted to see prior more likely again.

Not to divert from Fedor but I'd love to see Minotauro fight Arvlovski and of course the above mentioned Cro-cop beatdown of Tim Sylvia. Personally I'd even like to see Monson back maybe against Werdun.