Does Anyone Here Study Bak Fu Pai?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by shaolinmonkmark, Feb 28, 2007.

1. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

I have heard it is closely related and is a cousin art of Shaolin 5 animal style kung fu.Just curious if anyone here currently is taking this style, as i am interested in hearing more about it.
    Thanks to everyone for any advice and comments!

2. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

Google Doo Wai and Search on Youtube for footage. See and Judge for yourself.
    Have Fun.
    :cool:

3. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

He He He! I know Doo Wai, and....well....ok I'm done!

4. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

LOL!
    Go on, just get the can opener man......the worms are a waitin'.
    :D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  5. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

No, cause the Doo guys may show up, and then the Lama guys may soon follow and then.....well it'll be WW3 around here!

6. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

if you can tell me anything about it that would be great!

Not trying to start anything with anyone, just asking questions about it that's all.I just want to know more info from people who know about it or who actually are students, and what they personally think about it.

7. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

Just trust us in that any attempts at honest discussion about the style could lead to message board chaos of epic proportions, lol. As I have looked into it in the past (after studying with a fake White Tiger teacher myself), I'd like to pm you about it... but it might take me a bit to explain, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow after work. Everything surrounding White Tiger kungfu is a bit crazy (really bizarre stuff, lol), but I do feel the videos should speak for themselves to most people as to the quality :p

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  8. beknar

beknar Valued Member

Hm. Well, I get most of my weapons from their school here in San Diego. :)

They're located closer to me than my McKwoon, what can I say, it's convenient.

I do know one instructor from that particular school, not sure if he's still practicing or not. I never got to watch a class, though, so I have no idea what it's all about. Could one of you guys PM me the good stuff, I'm all ears at this point. :)

9. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

Ok here it goes.....there's a lot of speculation as to the validity of the style. Also, I've had a personal experience that I won't discuss in public that caused me to question.

10. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

The General consensus seems to be that the history of the system is a bit sketchy.
    The forms themselves, at least the one I've seen on youtube is similar to Bak Mei in it's moves but not in it's execution. I am no Bak Mei practioner but I have seen some strong examples of the style.
    I have never seen any Bak Fu Pai players in person or fights to see the validity of the style as a whole.

11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Yeah that was my first thought when I watched a Doo Wai video.

12. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Well, it can safely be said, and roundly agreed on that the style and the head of said style are highly controversial for a number of reasons. Any more than that is just going to start a war that's already played out countless times on other forums. For my money, I'd say there are plenty of other very good styles to study that won't bring the attending baggage with them. If you don't mind the baggage, by all means, carry on.

13. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Doo Wai gets his Chi powers from his Special Hat of Greater Striking +10. :rolleyes:

14. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Looks like the secret is out. Now to steal his stylish hat!

15. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

LOL I'll stay away from this topic.

16. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

It would also mean that Doo Wai plays Dungeons & Dragons.