Doce Pares Escrima

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Jujitm, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

Hi all I'm interested in learning a FMA I know theres a Doce Pares class somewhere in my town and was wondering what makes this style different to other FMAs. :confused:

Btw how can I update my Profile?

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Doce Pares is the oldest club for the FMA in the Philippines, it was originally founded by 12 masters and their training partners hence the name Doce Pares (12 pairs) it teaches a mutitude of styles within it syllabus and is a ver good style even though that is a somewhat biased opinion.

Who's teaching the class, maybe I can let you know a little more about them.

Also try logging on to www.doceparesinternational.com for more info.

or try this link which explains a little more too Doce Pares "Multi Style" System

Best regards

Pat

3. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

Also do all FMAs have Flipino :confused: spelling :confused: Boxing in their curriculiums? As I've seen a article regarding it in Combat magazine and think I could use it with my kickboxing.

Thank you for your time.

4. Pat OMalley

If you want to up date your profile click on the User CP in the top left hand corner and follow the links from their

best regards

Pat

5. Pat OMalley

Some do and some don't, but all will in good time improve your boxing skills, the DP empty hands is very good, it has improved my boxing skills no end and I boxed for 5 years before doing DP and FMA.

Best regards

Pat

6. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

Thanks for all that information Pat I don't know who teachs it all I know is its somewhere within five miles and the style is Doce Pares

7. Pat OMalley

No probs matey, and the correct spelling is Filipino;) or if your a Pinoy (local to the Philippines) it can be Pilipino, it's an 'F' & 'P' word thing:)

8. Pat OMalley

Where are you based???

9. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

Would anyone recommend any training I should do to prepare my body for the class? Should I train my grip strength so I dont look like a fool or lodge a stick in someones head. The class will have to wait for now because i'm having money trouble at the moment though :cry:

10. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

I'm based in Bristol in England

11. Pat OMalley

No, the best thing you can do is turn up, trust me we all looked a little foolish when we first turned up, no one laughs, it's expected.

Your wrists and grip will strengthen with training, as a matter of fact if you grip the stick too tightley your will definetely look foolish and have less control over the weapon.

When you get the time and the funds, just turn up and I am sure like all of us here on this part of the forum, you will be hooked for life.

Let us know how it turns out.

best regards

Pat

12. Pat OMalley

Try this link Doce Pares UK Instructors if it is who I think it is, then he is a good instructor.

Enjoy

Pat

13. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

Why does that i confuse me sooooo....... much :bang:

just had to use that great smiley :D

14. Pat OMalley

I know what you mean:confused: :eek: :eek: :bang: :D

Trust me I have been doing FMA for a long long time and I am still confused.;)

15. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

Couldn't find a Bristol based instructor though i did see some bloke with a really weird name in Wakefield ;)

Please dont hurt me :D

16. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

Thank you for all your help you've helped me alot

and now im happy.......... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

17. Pat OMalley

I don't know who you mean:D

Try the one on the list that is nearest you, he may well be teaching in your area, if it is not him, let me know and I will check him out for you to make sure your getting the real deal as they say.

Bets regards

Pat

18. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

Thanks again and i'll check it out now

19. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

very bad geography

and now i'll find out how close each one is with a trusty a-z :D

20. Pat OMalley

Ah and I see you've managed to sort out your profile too;)