Do you believe in God

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by LJoll, Jul 12, 2006.

?

Do you believe in any form of god?

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
  1. LJoll

LJoll Valued Member

After Tekkengod's thread I decided to see if I coud make a poll that would make it slightly clearer where people stand. I have made it an open poll so we can learn a bit about eachother, as opposed to just the proportions of MAPers that do or do not believe in God.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  2. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

I don't belive in any gods, i've grown up to only belive in what i can see, feel or hear (if that makes sence)

3. Dmitri

Dmitri Valued Member

I guess "any form" also means perfection, universal knowledge etc.
    If my guess is right, then yes.

Not that kind of God that's sitting on the clouds and shooting lightening on bad people.

4. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

no of course not, but i'd say i am disgusted by the idea of the christian/catholic/musilum god.

5. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

I thought there was really only one God, but that made me change my mind to believe in other God's from different cultures... I didn't know which God to believe in so... Why not believe in all of them? I think it would be better to confess your sins to all of them rather than just one God.

I dunno, God should like appear and say here I am! Believe in me, not the Muslim God, or the Buddist. I am the one you should believe in. Would the real God please stand up? No because God is everywhere, and can't just magically appear.

Gah :bang:

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

It's still a bit black and white. Strictly speaking I dont' believe in any form of god, so I voted "no". However, there's a vast difference between someone like Tekken with his almost militant atheism (not picking on you mate, you're just the most obvious choice :)) and those like me, who consider that they've not found sufficient evidence for the existence of a God, but prefer to remain open-minded.

7. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

My missus made me a believer……… well there’s got to be something to it screaming God the way she does ;)

:D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  8. LJoll

LJoll Valued Member

Although it is a bit black and white, I don't neccesarily think that's a bad thing. Atleast there aren't hundreds of vague options that you kind of fit into. Most people on this site will go into one of the categories and it allows a straight comparison.

9. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

It is a much clearer poll and at least the options are related to each other. :D

I do believe in God, but am willing to admit that I don't know or understand everything about him. The way I figure it, all religions are pretty much refering to God, just in a way that reflects their cultures and mores. So, despite the fact that there are many religions, everyone is still talking about the same thing. Just in a way that they understand rather then in absolutes.

10. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

True, and that's why I voted in this one.

Doesn't it bother you that, literally speaking, she's calling out someone else's name? ;) :p

11. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

OK so what's the worst name she could call out at that moment then....

Hmmm.....

"Mickey, Mickey, Mickey MOUSE"
    or
    "Stalin, Stalin, Stalin" (Even I can't figure out why I thought of that...).
    or........

All the best.

Robert.

12. Lord Spooky

Na I see it more as praise :D

13. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

I believe in something, somewhere else, elusive...

:)

14. Lord Spooky

Your hair? :D :D

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Yes, and I think Wry is spot on...

16. Lord Spooky

I have to believe in God now with what’s happened over the last month I don’t have a choice!

17. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I acknowledge tao as both eternal and creative. Is that the same as 'believe in any form of God' ?

Probably yes. So for the sake of it, yes why not.. Something is right? (either creative, eternal or both) Even if it's just this universe. This universe brought somehow awareness of itself though us - a part of it.

So whatever that something is must be God!! :eek:

...or a definition of it.

18. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Well that's why this is a better poll, zen... there are a lot of people who have views about the divine which may not fit into the J/C/M framework.

19. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Yes I agree it's a lot better poll than tekkens one, bless him :Angel:

Oh and just wanted to add, without awareness, there can be no concept of it. So as good little children, we should acknowledge at the least that whatever came to pass endowing us with awareness, should be considered as the one and only true God. Whatever it was that did that.. but something definately did!

:D

ha, ha just practicing my preaching. Not bad huh?

20. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

interesting, here its 17-10 Theists
    in mine it was 17-6 Atheists