disrespected!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by totality, Oct 9, 2003.

1. totality

totality New Member

i don't care much for asking other people for things, and i disdain borrowing money. but the one thing i ask, well, demand of all people is respect.

and recently, i ordered a pair of harbinger mma gloves. a friend of mine begged me to order him some as well, and i consented, being the nice guy i am :p
    today, he decided he no longer wanted to cough up the $35 to pay me back. my question is, what would you do?

my problem is not the money, but that he was arrogant enough to do it in the first place, and no longer even considers it his problem. luckily, he had previously challenged me to a mma match this weekend...this should make for a very amusing match.
    :woo: :confused:

"If we fight for money, I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we're fighting for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it."

What do you all think?

2. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

What I would do is not give him the gloves if he will not pay. Then I will not order anything else for him and tell him if he wants something he will have to do it for himself.

Its a shame you have to spend you time and money to help someone get something, then have them turn around and say " Oh, never mind."

If he begged as much as you say he did for the gloves, he should of been prepared to pay for them. There is only so much you can do out of friendship.

Anyways, it looks like you got yourself some new gloves!:) You can always try them out during your match.

3. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

Find other friends who are interested in buying that gloves of yours :D How hard is that? Come'n, you're goign to throw your teeth away for a pair of gloves?

4. totality

totality New Member

wow em-em...i have no idea what the hell you just said. that is GREAT! so i think i'm going to give him a lot of bruises to show off at school monday :D

5. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

eeeehehe, beat him down dude. use those new gloves. Kind of ironic, getting beaten down by the gloves he asked for. Kind of like being bitten in the @$$ by your own dog.

6. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

:love: totality I just love your sig

I never said your going to beat him to the bones... don't show off bro, that is not so MA!

7. totality

totality New Member

i'm not showing off, he is!

"pain is temporary, victory is forever, and chicks dig scars"

if someone were to read the godfather 4 times in one week, they would understand my current thought process :D

watah! i am michael corleone!
    or i'm drunk again.

8. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

I dunno, I'm not like regular girls so... anyway, as a martial artist, my impression about a really scarred teenage guy is that he is stupid enough to get into a fight OR he is such a bad fighter LOL :D

9. totality

totality New Member

haha, then perhaps he will not be rewarded for his foolishness.

10. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

now I'm head over heels on your sig :love: :love: :love:

11. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Now, now, break it up you two :D
    Remember, if you lend someone 35 quid and you never see him again it was probably worth it :D
    Why hasn't he payed up? does he have the money?

12. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

What planet is this 'friend' on that he puts you in this expensive situation? Hang on, I've had friends like that.

Beat him with his own gloves. Do it for all of us who've been ripped off by 'friends'.

:woo:

Rgds,
    David

13. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

errant -- did you read totality's sig :Angel: LOL

david -- what if totality's the one who's gonna get busted? :D

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Respect is earned, not demanded.

Common manners should be practiced by all.

Col

15. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

Right on, Freeform!

16. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Next time get the money before you buy. It'll save the aggro

17. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I realize that you and I have a bit of a different philosophy to life...

For me, in that situation I would be upset and I would ask him to pay up. If he refused... it would just lessen how I deal with him in the future. If he is a good friend, I won't drop him for a few bucks.... just don't loan him any money and don't buy stuff for him without him paying (I've got great friends who'd do anything for me... except pay me back... they are still friends but I don't have anything to do with "money" with them).

In thjis case, it looks like you are stuck with paying for the gloves. Put them to good use or sell them (even if you have to sell a bit cheaper than you paid) to someone else.

Beating up a friend? Not in my book... not over money and not unless physically provoked. Now if the friend is challenging you to a match for "fun" or whatever... I'd give them a good showing, but not to hurt them and not for revenge or spite.

As far as respect goes... it is earned, not demanded (in my opinion).

18. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

just curious, you're 15yo (right?), where'd you get the $35?

But you can choose not to answer though

19. totality

totality New Member

thomas: i'm not beating him up, and by no means would i do it over money. i simply feel it was very rude for him to do that, so i'm going to rough him up a little more than usual (i prefer submissions) :D

em-em: i probably stole it...just kidding, i was a "lawn and garden maintenance expert" over the summer...mowed lawns, that is.

20. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Can't you just return the gloves to the place u bought them and either get the money back or a credit slip for the amount?

You do have a receipt, right?