discovery channel MA show

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by succubus, Feb 4, 2007.

1. succubus

succubus so hot right now

in a bar last night, i saw on their tv a show on the discovery channel about MA. it had various computer-generated views on what happened inside the body while doing MA. i looked a little and found this: http://www.discoverychannelasia.com/martial_arts/videos/index.shtml on their website.

has anyone seen this documentary?
    does anyone know what it's called? i'd quite like to see it again.

2. monk-ki

monk-ki Monkey..Monk-ki...Get it?

All of those screenshots are from "XMA: Extreme Martial Arts". I do not know if they still play it on tv, but the video should still be available.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

4. monk-ki

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Well it certainly looks like Fight Science.

6. monk-ki

Technically, fight science looks like it, as XMA aired quite some time before fight science did.

7. AllieB

AllieB Valued Member

FIGHT SCIENCE
    Iloved it!!!!!!
    its a lot of great info

8. AllieB

AllieB Valued Member

you might be able to buy it i forgot which one it on either discovery or national G but try thier websites

9. monk-ki

Ya, I was hoping that too, but as of the other day, they don't offer it yet.

I only have one issue with the show. I thought it was a great idea, but they could have picked better people to represent the arts. What I mean by that is that they had people from 120lbs to 200+ punching on the dummy. And, just as expected, the smaller guys hit lighter and the heavier guys hit harder. What would have been cool is to get a 165 lb or so guy from each art, and them have them go at it. That way, you could at least get rid of that variable when comparing the damage each technique causes.

Oh, and the breaking brothers were kinda dumb, too.

10. succubus

succubus so hot right now

thanks guys! will have a look for fight science.

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It's a shame there aren't more quality MA shows on tv. :cry:

12. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I think it was National Geographic that did Fight Science and Discovery did Extreme Martial Arts. I am trying to find a copy of Fight Science myself but no joy as of yet... :p

13. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

really????? i for one would NEVER spend a penny on this crap. the show was produced with lots of expensive graphics and perpetuated ridicuolous MA myths with unrealistic testing and poor examples of "skill"

honestly, if you really train in any art... you should know this show is nothing but sensationalism.

cheers