Dillashaw VS CruZ

Discussion in 'MMA' started by PsychoElectric, Jan 15, 2016.

1. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

I think Cruz is going to get hurt.
    I like Cruz and he's great but i think he hasn't had enough recent fights to take out the new bad boy of the bantamweight.

2. PsychoElectric

PS- I hope Cruz wins.

3. PsychoElectric

I scored Cruz to win . Alot of takedowns...3-2.
    Another fight where i need to watch again out of slight bias.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  4. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

I had Cruz winning the first 3 and TJ the last two. They were all close though.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

What a boring fight. Probably because I'm not invested in the fighters.

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I liked it's. Had Cruz winning but wouldn't have been mad with it going either way

7. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

It was a great fight from a technical standpoint, but the styles of Cruz and TJ don't make for the most exciting fight so it wasn't for everyone. Both of them are always moving, that's their style.

8. PsychoElectric

I found the fight very tense for me and frustrating for Dillashaw.
    TJ's face looked quite a bit more beaten up.
    Pretty great win considering what Cruz has been through.

9. Pretty In Pink

Lots of movement =/= technical imo

10. -APEX-

-APEX- Valued Member

They both landed about an even amount of shots.

TJ was more aggressive and throwing power and Cruz was more evasive and using technique.

TJ landed 4 headkicks from what I remember, Cruz got 2-3 takedowns that went nowhere. TJ stood right back up.

I don't really care about either fighter too much.. but I had TJ winning 3 out of 5 rounds and holding the strap. I won't call it a robbery.. but it was not a good call IMO.

11. -APEX-

-APEX- Valued Member

Oh and didn't TJ also land some BRUTAL leg kicks?

I'll say he definitely should have won that.. I'll have to rewatch and score it all the way through though.

12. Southpaw535

From what I remember it was nowhere near an even number of shots according to the metric

13. Pretty In Pink

Start of the 5th round there were two strike difference between it.

14. Southpaw535

God knows what I'm thinking of then

15. Pretty In Pink

16. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Which goes to show you the flaw of fight metrics. In the first 3 rounds Dillashaw struggled to land anything like a clean shot whereas Cruz landed multiple clean hard shots. I don't see how it was in any way contentious. I can't see any argument for Dillashaw winning the first 3 rounds, between the striking and the takedowns Cruz was clearly in control (indeed the commentary in the fight reflects this as well, for the first 3 rounds they're talking about Cruz's control and how Dillashaw is struggling).

17. Pretty In Pink

I scored it 1, 4, 5 T.J.

The thing is that mma does not judge defense (or they are not supposed to). Yet everybody goes on about Cruz making T.J miss (and most of the time not following up). If you're not scoring defence you SHOULD be scoring offense, T. J was more offensive, and no takedowns really lasted. Controlled the center more etc.

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I can agree about not scoring defence (it being a reward in itself) but also remember Cruz scoring quite a few pot shots, long hooks, forearm strikes among all the dipping and weaving.
    If fighter A throws 10 shots and connects 1 and fighter B throws 1 shot and connects it then to me that's a draw no matter how much fighter A "looked" to be on the offence.

19. Ben Gash CLF

Equally if one fighter is aggressive and lands 10 insignificant scuffs, and the other is evasive and lands 10 solid hits then to me that's a win for the second fighter.

20. Ben Gash CLF

Chadderz, how do you score round 1 for Dillashaw?