Dilemma

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Dylan9d, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

Hello all,

Im new to these forums.

Just wanted to ask any advice i can get.

I practiced Pukulan/Silat (indonesian boxing) in the past for about 8 years. Now my interest is caught by a Ving Tsun school in my home town in the lineage of Wong Shun Leung.

I can also train in Pukulan/Silat in the town next to me, this is also a very good school.

What would you do, continue what you know or try something new and start from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

try both, money and time willing?

3. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

I would but that 2nd argument wont agree :) the time i have is limited to one of the two.

Also the fact that Ving Tsun and Silat have very different principles isnt helping when practising both.

4. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I'd try out both schools and see where you like training better.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Hit your opponent, make sure you don't get hit.

The main principles in all striking arts, no? :D

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

well, 8 years of silat is probably plenty for you to get some training in by yourself to keep yoruself sharp, so i'd recommend checking out the wing chun first. if that doesn't work out, or you don't like it, or whatever, you still have the silat school there, and if your schedule opens up, then maybe you could see about both.

7. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

Of course, the potential conflict being in how each group attempts to accomplish those goals ;P