deep bow

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by el-pellizco, Apr 10, 2009.

1. el-pellizco

el-pellizco New Member

Humble greetings

I'm a streetboxer, pretty good upper body, not so hot at the kicks (unless its soccer we're talking)...

I'm small, and going to be reading up about Tiger styles and other enemies of the longarm crane type oponents...

please leave any possible styles that may be of advantage...

I don't gauge, I don't claw, and I don't use anything thats not between my belt and my St Christopher.

Lastly, I'm on the road a lot - so to have a little fun when I can I play the odd web beat 'em up.

click my sig for a rumble!

Peace and band-aids

El P

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Welcome to MAP, El P :)

3. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Welcome to MAP! I'd be careful with the "deep bows" - always keep eye contact, because if you prostrate yourself your enemy will take the opportunity to knock you senseless, or worse, behead you! :D

4. el-pellizco

el-pellizco New Member

well I don't mix most days with the eastern fighters so thought I better try something nicer than a quick head down and spit... thanks for advice here

and- the small guy styles are for my son - not for my sport, so I am cool with us learning about locks and those things.

please post small man styles if you feel kind - I will be researching tiger and things first

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  5. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

When you say "small man styles", I'm guessing you mean styles that work well for smaller people? As was said recently in the thread on martial arts for bigger folks, it's not so much the style as finding a teacher that will teach you to be a good fighter, and learning how to use what you have to your advantage (you may not be big and muscly, but you may be quick, etc.).

You've got me a bit confused about the "tiger styles". Are you talking kung fu or what?

6. el-pellizco

el-pellizco New Member

I am lean, am fast, and beautiful

tiger crane = nam yang kung fu yeah... met a little guy, watched him step right inside his taller oponent and take him apart - I know some stuff but this was pretty smooth

7. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hiya El P Welcome to MAP :)

8. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

modest too lol :), welcome to MAP

9. liero

liero Valued Member

Welcome...
    Sounds like your just interested in a style that emphasises close fighting, if you have no success in KF have a look at Goju Karate on the Karate Forums.

10. el-pellizco

el-pellizco New Member

thank you all - especially Liero... I will look at Goju

peace!