Dealing with counter punchers

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Myke_Tyson, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Myke_Tyson

Myke_Tyson Banned Banned

Rofl

Lmao :woo: :p :love:

You have such aggression towards me. What are you trying to prove? Do you want to appear tougher than me over the internet??? LOL well you have done a lovely job.

Lets move on. I am bored of your antics now Skrom. If you don't like me, fine. If you don't like what I am posting. FINE. So don't reply and mind your own business. Create YOUR own post and see if I waste MY time to bash it.

Dude honestly, if you don't like my post why bother wasting your time engaging with me??? :love:

2. Myke_Tyson

Myke_Tyson Banned Banned

Sorry Jamo2

Sorry if I offended you Jamo2. I won't ever speak positively of my achievements again. I did not know you guys get upset over stuff like that. :Angel:

3. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

i could go on and on about how stupid that question is, but here's a quicker solution: why are you wasting your time responding to my post if you don't like it?

i'm convinced that you're either learning disabled or lying about your age. seriously, do you really feel it was appropriate to post your irrelevant stories about newbie sparring, then later resurrect the thread with some useless commentary on said post when everyone had mercifully kept quiet about it? it's either that or you're just trying to defend yourself out of embarassment. usually in that kind of situation, it's best to just man up, admit you were wrong, and move on.

for fun, i've picked some of the most annoying lines:

if you can't see why you're a complete tool from the quotes above, let me know and i'll try to help you out some more.

4. Myke_Tyson

Myke_Tyson Banned Banned

Skrom, you make me laugh

Seems like you have a bias against the young, the learning disabled, out of other things.

Lets say I AM young and have a learning disability, what is your point?
    I am not perfect and meant no harm in what I posted. Are you going to discriminate and bash me on every post that I submit from now on? Way to treat a newbie on this site. IS THIS HOW ALL KNEW MEMBERS NOT IN THE KNOW GET TREATED?

SO if I offended you Skrom(WHICH I FEEL I NEVER DID), sorry.

WE obviously don't know each other in real life, so we can't really do anything but either bicker back and forth or just simply move on. You are of no importance to me due to the fact I have never ever seen you in person b4! So I will no longer take your insults to heart.

All fun and games right? :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

BTW, I thank you for your verbal abuse and aggression. I am trying to learn to relax under such pressure. A good fighter knows how and when to relax in a fight no?

SO lets get back to the topic at hand

= Counter punchers and what to do with em!!!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  5. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

actually, most "knew" members don't sit around trying to argue with people when they were clearly wrong about something. the ones who do are treated this way until they come to their senses.

funny, you said similar things in your last post...yet here you are, posting again in your own defense.

seriously, all the little :love: faces are starting to creep me out. are you trying to tell me something?

if relaxing under these circumstances is a challenge for you, you may want to reconsider the whole martial arts thing :rolleyes:

ironic that you would try to pull the thread back on track when you're the one who derailed it in the first place.

i don't think you really understand what's going on right now, so i'll try to clarify. i'm sure you didn't mean to cause any trouble by posting your irrelevant crap, and that's ok. what's not ok is that you're trying to justify the fact that it was posted when you've been clearly proven wrong. instead of being an idiot and digging yourself deeper, you could just admit you were wrong and move on.

6. Myke_Tyson

Myke_Tyson Banned Banned

wowzers

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  7. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

yeah, i know, you're unique just like everyone else. the concept is not foreign to me, because every damn person thinks they're somehow special or different. by all means though, continue to feel special because you're one of the few newbies who just has to argue on and dig themselves deeper when they're clearly wrong. if there's anything that sets you apart, it's your stupidity.

"i might be wrong"? nice try, but no. you're definitely wrong. at first i tried to be somewhat quick and polite about it, but you had to try to pretend you were justified in posting that crap here, and that's what started this. if you had just indicated you understood you were wrong and stopped there, i wouldn't still be here ripping you a new one.

and no, i doubt this whole thing will change anyone's opinion of me. this thread is just like so many others - stupid newbie says/does something retarded, gets called on it, whines and complains, and then gets verbally raped. everyone who's got an opinion on me will not be influenced by something as run of the mill as this.

i'm just saying, if you can't even man up to your mistakes on an anonymous forum, i doubt you have the balls to do anything riskier than water aerobics without breaking down under the pressure.

[quotejust to creep you out a little more tee hee.[/quote]
    "tee hee"? you've got issues.

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

UBER SOLDIER WTF PWNED U MAXXX NOOB....damn this is stupid. skrom, you uber max pwned him, myke tyson, you're a NOOB spelling his name diffrent doesn't give you his magical powers, ok, bling bling, skrom wins. game over now? please?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  9. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

you spelled my name wrong again :p

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

:woo: :woo: :bang: :bang:

for some reason SKORM! just sounds more nautral don't you think?

11. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

that's only if you think of it as something related to "storm" or "swarm". think of it more as a "scrum".

12. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

Well if you cant do much - block, dodge, etc.- try to close the gap between you and your opponent...good way to do that is keep advancing -not necessarily in a straight line- so that your opponent is forced back...reducing the speed and power of his punch..

13. Myke_Tyson

Myke_Tyson Banned Banned

thanks for the tips

What if this certain counter puncher is also the type who likes to switch from Southpaw to Orthedox and straight back? Plus he likes to also advance in confusing angles???

I think I was caught by surprise during the "spar" match I had with my friend where he bashed my nose, chin, and lip in. He took it beyond sparring and literally was trying to beat me up right at the beginning of round 1. Next time though, I will not be as surprised. I will expect a very aggressive opponent. I will treat it like any other fight for survival.

I think putting him into a catagory of "counter puncher" is a bit misleading. Yes he counter punchings but, I think he is also learning how to take the offensive early on and hit hard.

???

14. Angelus

Well i meant if you could do nothing else... unless you want to retreat.. but speaking from experience... i dont really like retreating ...especially moving backwards because, well you cant really see whats behind you...and trip and fall over on lets say... a stick on the floor....:D

15. Myke_Tyson

Myke_Tyson Banned Banned

movement?

Yeah. Retreating in a straight line especially can get you quickly in trouble if in a smaller space.
    A boxer/fighter who is aggressive and has a high volume of punches can often make us beginners cover up and not watch the attacker out of fear of being nailed. And personally I think stepping back would not help in this situation either. Though coaches do teach us to take a step back and step forward right away with a punch....

Would you recommend big footsteps or smaller movements when trying to work around your opponent and his punches???

16. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Myke your analysing this WAY too much. Like ive said before, get in there, enjoy yourself, dont sit there racking your brain the day after.
    Like your asking us big or little footsteps to get out of the way of your opponent? How are we supposed to know? Do whatever gets you out of the way quickest and in a most advantageous position in that situation.
    When you get in the ring, do whatever feels natural.

17. Myke_Tyson

Myke_Tyson Banned Banned

I know

True. I figure it IS trial and error. LOL even though the error part of it hurts like a mf'er! lol.

18. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Ha.

Good lessons are learnt hard. And the pain makes it fun :)

19. Angelus

Smallem movemts because you have more control...and just in case you get hit... the space between you and the opponent is not as great....meaning you are hit with less powerful punches... plus larger movemt would tire you out more....because it takes more power and youd still have to be going pretty fast... i usually advance in big steps and stay grounded to increase power..

20. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Before i read any further i was gonna say a good way to confuse counter punchers are by doubling up your jab, but not all the time, as he blocks your first jab throw again before he has chance to throw as it will catch him off guard thus leaving him open to attacks.

other ways to stop counter attackers are go at them with combonations to body and head and also let them go on the offensive as they're used to sitting back and waitin for you to attack so reverse the roles.

but after reading proprly about his fightin technique and his stance changin another way is to step out of the of the punch, not an over exgerated step but just so it just goes over the shoulder. so if their orthodox step to the right a lil and hopeful they'll fall into that punch leavin them exposed and if they change to southpar step to the left but make sure your guard stays up! and a way to fight a southpar is just carry on jabbin, as your both gonna be jabbin at each others jabbin hand it limits either persons sucess of the jab landin so its then a game of lookin for openings to use the rear hand on. I hate fighting southpars!!!!