Dacayana in prison in Cebu!!!

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Peter Lewis, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Marcie

I do not believe that any of my comments here have been unhelpful at all....BUT, wishing to brush such issues as dishonesty aside is certainly not helpful. The FMA are so often under represented and for that very reason alone, it IS extremely important that issues are addressed and resolved openly, otherwise trust is lost and people look to other arts. We are not just talking about Dacayana Eskrima here...there are direct implications for Doce Pares, San Miguel and Rapid Arnis, as well as indirect implications for other arts, such as Bakbakan Kali Ilustrisimo that I represent

The 'vested interest' that I refer to is the simple fact that you represent a system with the Dacayana name in it. Clearly, it is in your interest to protect that name, regardless of whether it is your instructor or not behind bars! Possibly a better approach would be to clarify the links or otherwise between the two systems...of father and son!!! That could be more helpful for those not asociated with your art.

Congratulations on the growth of the Dacayana system in the UK. Perhaps soon you may be able to accept Graham's invitation presented on a different thread!

Hahahahaha The Stealth Mode comment was very much tongue-in-cheek. You should know me well enough to know that I would tell you very directly and clearly if I had any real concerns here! :woo:

Onwards and upwards

Peter

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. Marcie

Marcie Valued Member

The differences between GM 'DAX' Dacayana's system which I think is called 'San Miguel de Abinico' ...

....and our system the Dacayana system from Jun Dacayana are plain to see for anyone that can access youtube!!! And obvious for anyone with any level of experience of FMA

The similarites? well there are some of course, as there are in all FMA systems :) again take a look at you tube for yourself.

The differences between the Dacayana system and others in the UK are also discussed in some detail on the Dacayana Eskrima facebook page which is accessible for anyone with access to facebook....

I'm afraid other than that people need to come along and experience the system at one of our clubs or attend the next seminar when Jun Dacayana visits the UK. I can confrim for his first three UK visits many people have. In fact I remember Jo inviting all senior FMA'ers to attend Juns first visit in 2007 but only a few chose to do so at that time.

Additionally we showcase the system each year at the Lynmouth festival of Martial Arts (normally at the end of March) and Jun Dacayana has taught at two of those events too!! :)

This will be my last post on this thread as defending Dacayana UK seems to be very time consuming ...and I would rather let people draw their own conclusions from the information available as I have outlined above

best wishes
    Marcie

3. Peter Lewis

Thanks for the effort in writing this post Marcie. Other than the name difference, unfortunately you haven't clarified anything at all and also unfortunately, as you well know, many of the concerns raised on this thread and other threads on this forum, either originated on YouTube or Facebook.

I for one would have been very interested to receive a more detailed explanation (possibly on another thread) because, if there are genuine links to the San Miguel system, then there may also be some be influences from the Romo Eskrima system of the late GM Islao Romo, great uncle of one of my teachers, GM Yuli Romo. GM Yuli is the heir to the Romo Eskrima system, among several others.

Gumagalang

Peter

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Hence I did not mention it. The BCKEAI is free to join and there is always an open invitation for Dacayana UK to join us in helping to unite the FMA in Britain when and if they wish to do so.

Unfortunately there is a small minority out there who thrive on causing friction and controversy in the FMA simply because they have nothing better to do with there time and if the spent half as much time training and promoting there given system they would become quite good at it. But some seem to think that in order to gain a reputation for a group you have to make up fabricated history coupled with insults to others you are trying to say you are superior to. But there are those of us who will not sit back and just let it happen. As it clearly states in the BCKEAI. we will aggressively defend any member group or individual of the FMA.

Best Regards
    Pat

Best wishes
    Marcie[/QUOTE]

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I'm not clear whether you were grouping this as "unhelpful." But I'll happily amend it to "was in prison" or jail or whatever the appropriate term is. And if you really do feel that was an unhelpful comment, I'd submit that you've missed the point of the comment: That we steer clear of hearsay and rumour and stick to what we know. I personally don't know the circumstances of any of this. But it appears to me, from outside, that relations would benefit a great deal from taking a step back and looking at this dispassionately.

But, hey, I'm not involved. I was just trying to preserve a little peace on the FMA forum. No enforcement capability here, so if everyone wants to stay the course, don't let me slow ya down. :rolleyes:

6. Peter Lewis

Exactly the point of discussions here. This damages more than one form of the FMA.

7. Peter Lewis

Stuart (aka Mr Helpful!)...I am certain that this is not aimed at you...only me! :woo:

8. PekitiBlood

PekitiBlood Banned Banned

Hey, fellas:

I don't mean to be an outside rejoinder here. But issues like this have an organic solution in the Filipino Martial arts world. That is the Challenge.

If you guys don't agree, don't just type away like women, resolve it the Filipino way.

I agree with Stuart, you are downgrading the wider FMA world by parading like this.

Resolve it in private and resolve it decisively, that's the Kali way.

9. Peter Lewis

Agreed in the main and some aspects are now in the private domain. In this instance, because the issues have wider implications, particularly to the Doce Pares and San Miguel systems, it is still important to find a public resolution so that the FMA in general are not downgraded.

Much of the issue surrounds claims made very publically on YouTube about lineage to now deceased Grandmasters and their systems. This is hard to prove or disprove and because it concerns the history of the arts, the traditional 'mano y mano' approach may be somewhat out of context.

Just curious...clearly your pseudonym suggests that you may be a PTK practitioner. Have you been twice banned from this forum?

Gumagalang

Peter

10. PekitiBlood

Nope.

But if this line of bickering represents the type of people who post here, then it would come to no surprise that people of my ilk get banned. Because true Kali-men, don't argue and spread rumors and giggle, they take the sword and use it, because “Amateurs study strategy [and rumors], professionals study logistics”.

11. PekitiBlood

But it reads to me like you are just ridiculing a man who is in jail. And for what for impersonating a cop?

Many Filipinos walk around with a gun and a badge who are not police officers in the Philippines. Many procure these items directly from police officers themselves, especially those who work closely or train police officers.

So you might want to ask why now is he arrested? And why him. And I'm sure whatever the answer will not be connected to Doce Pares or San Miguel.

You are connecting two things, and causing drama and rumor, this is why FMA is fragmented because lesser beings insert themselves where they need not be and cause bickering. To top it, they do it seeking a public audience.

If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. As Stuart has already requested, stop with the women talk. Please?

12. PekitiBlood

"Aggressively defend" should mean a Challenge, with a stick or a sword, Juego Todo, and NOT typing away and letting the rest of the world witness how the FMA settles its disputes "aggressively". It's embarrassing.

13. Peter Lewis

Sadly, people of your 'ilk' always come on here a couple of days after joining, talk a lot of talk about challenges and the like, but hide behind a pseudonym. Inspirational!!!

As I said previously, the 'super-hero' stance that you are taking here is out of context. The issues relate to already deceased GM's (RIP) It would be extremely disrespectful to go grave digging or bone shaking to try to establish who was awarded what rank by which GM. This may take deeper investigation into records, if any and of course investigating any potential fraud. That can take expertise beyond the stick or sword.

I think you need to distinguish between fact and your own hype. The issues raised on this thread (which started with me asking if anyone knew anything about a picture found on the internet) were put into the public domain by other people (YouTube and Facebook). The YouTube farse has been ongoing for well over one year. So it is utter garbage to infer that people on here seek a public audience.

As clearly stated in my first reply to you. I agree and some issues are now very much in the private domain. That of course is 'private!'

Gumagalang

Peter

14. PekitiBlood

It's easy, "you win" you can say anything you want, "if I win" I'll beat you, post it all over youtube, and you won't be able to continue your claim. It's easy. You don't need lawyers and historians. Use your round stick (in our case, sword).

If it wasn't so, this would've gone straight to private message wouldn't it? So there was an intent to cause a tempest in your little group's teacup for public view.

15. PekitiBlood

There you go causing more drama again. I'm merely trying to put an end to this, since there is no HONOUR in this.

Don't attack the messenger, I just came here to ask a question and read this thread by accident, which greatly infuriated me.

If it ****ed me off, I'm sure many were disgusted as well, but were maybe hesitant to voice their opinion regarding this sad female behaviour under exhibit for all to view.

16. Peter Lewis

No...No...I insist. The speed of your response is amazing. :happy: Certainly not bad for someone that doesn't want a public audience but has made 6 posts in 3 hours!!! :rolleyes: You win the typing contest. Congratulations. :star:

You talk about 'honour' but forget that honesty and integrity are also a major part of honour.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Have you had a premonition I wonder Peter.

18. Peter Lewis

Hi Simon...seen and heard it all before mate. :jester:

19. PekitiBlood

You're keeping up youself, Peter. This was largely your thread, giggling like a little girl and throwing innuendoes at a man who can obviously not defend himself on these forums. Yes, I speak of honour. Have you even met the man in question?

Many have requested for you to stop this attack in public. But I guess you love the lime light, but not the boogie. Birds of a feather... as they say.

20. Peter Lewis

No...I still insist...this is your thunder. You are on a roll. Enjoy your glory. :hail:

I have not had the pleasure of meeting GM Dacayana, but have maintained regular contact with his son, Master Jun Dacayana. He is fully aware of my thoughts in relation to these issues, but again, that is private. :pinocchio:

BTW, I had stopped posting on here because I am in private communications. So again, your desire to perform in public has reopened the thread. Enjoy!!! :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.