Council's for Kali Eskrima Arnis Spread

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Dec 20, 2007.

1. edges

edges Valued Member

Well, over in the emerald isle, we've been a little busy, but do promise to set up the Irish Council over the next few months.

Although I've a strong feeling it'll just be us (Wild Geese Martial Arts) for a while to come. But I've seen first hand what happened in the UK, if any of the other councils can emulate the British success, even in a small way then it'll go along way to promoting FMA. Plus all the reality TV/documentarys can't be bad either?

2. kalislash

kalislash Valued Member

Dear Bro. Pat, Maybe we represent some of our guys in Italy...I will inform when I am back. best regards to all our brothers in FMA Mabuhay Gat Kalislash

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

That would be great Bro, you will need to contact our Brother Aurt Miranda who is also posting here as Mandirigma Ita as he is heading things up for the Council in Italy. I am sure he will be happy to meet with you.

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  4. Pat OMalley

Good stuff Dave, remember the British Council started with just 3 people when it was set up, it rose to 6, went back to 4 and is now representing over 20 styles of FMA, all in just 2 years. All it takes is for 1 person to start the ball rolling and you may be surprised the response you will get.

See you soon mate.

Pat

5. kalislash

kalislash Valued Member

Thanks for the information...Mabuhay Gat Kalislash

6. edges

edges Valued Member

7. Pat OMalley

Congratulations fellas, that is the hardest step to take, the first one. Even if you receive some resistance, just keep you aims and goals in mind and it will turn out for the best in the end.

It is no easy journey setting up a council such as this, but when people see the sense in it they would be foolish not to come along for the ride.

Well done and all at the BCKEAI and the PCKEAM salute you.

Your Brother in FMA

Pat

8. reydominguez

reydominguez Valued Member

9. Pat OMalley

Hi all,
    More good news, I am pleased to inform you that as we speak the new South American Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Instructors is in the process of being set up.

The Philippine Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Masters are also in the final process of setting up their web site.

I will keep you informed as more details come avaialble.

Mabuhay to the Councils around the world.

Best regards

Pat

10. reydominguez

Pckeam

Always
    " Council of Masters are Council of Brotherhood"​
    PCKEAM will be holding and activity this July 7-13, 2008, hope everyone who are at present and wish to become part of this enormous Council will be here to support this. SEMINARS, Workshop, conference (election-international Board of Directors of PCKEAM), and tournaments will be the highlights of this activity.

11. reydominguez

IT is the hardest part as Bro Pat says! and you had already done it...
    We are here PCKEAM! to support you whatever it takes asd Brothers.
    Just have an open Policy!!!!!

:woo::woo::woo:
    GOOD LUCK and Congratulations!

See you soon in PCKEAM

12. Pat OMalley

I have just heard from PG Jon Escudero of Lightning Scientific Arnis who is also a member of the PCKEAM teaching in Israel at the moment (and has been for some time now) that Israel now has it's own Council.

Also while I was in Australia I spent some time with Master David Foggie and GM Roland Dantes and I am also please to inform you the the Australian Council is now finally up and running too.

More power to the growing Council's from around the world all of whom are directly linked to the Philippine Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Masters.

Together we grow strong.

Mabuhay to all the Councils around the world.

Your Brother

Pat

13. Pat OMalley

Once again I have the pleasure to announce the following up-dates to the British Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Instructors.

I along with all the other Council members would like to welcome Master John Harvey of Kapatiran Arnis and Tuhon Chris Moile of Tabak 1900 Filipino Combat System to the executive board of the BCKEAI.

This now means that the BCKEAI now represents 21 styles of the FMA in the UK, all of which will be attending the 4th British FMA Festival in Essex in June 2009.

The list of styles now represented by some of the top instructors and Masters in Europe on the BCKEAI are as follows:

Doce Pares Original Multi Style Eskrima
    Bahad Zu'Bu Mang 'Taas Baraw
    Rapid Arnis
    Balintawak Arnis
    B.I.F.F.
    Escrima Concepts
    CSSD/SC
    Serrada Eskrima
    Bakbakan Kali
    Modern Arnis
    Lameco Eskrima
    Intergrated Kuntao
    Estilo Libre Eskrima Kali Arnis
    Inosanto Lacoste Kali Blend
    Cacoy Doce Pares
    Lightning Scientific Arnis
    San Miguel Eskrima
    De Campo 1-2-3 Original
    Inergrated Eskrima
    Tabak 1900 Filipino Combat System
    Kapatiran Arnis

The BCKEAI also recognises all sporting formats of the FMA and are working towards the unification in the UK working hand in hand with the Philippine Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Masters and other Council's of Kali Eskrima Arnis Instructors groups (of which there are now 10) around the World.

As our moto states 'United we grow strong'

Best regards

Pat O'Malley
    Official Spokesperson of the BCKEAI
    UK Representative PCKEAM

14. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

Hi Pat,

This is great news. I would like to welcome Master John Harvey and Tuhon Chris Moile to the council. We are ever growing and this can only be a good thing for FMA in the Uk.

Graham

15. Pat OMalley

New club list on the web site

Hi all,
    Just to let you know the British Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Instructors has now up-dated it's web site to include a list of clubs recognised by the BCKEAI.

If you would like to find a BCKEAI authorised club near you please follow this link BCKEAI Official Club List

Best regards

Pat O'Malley
    Official Spokesperson for the BCKEAI
    UK Representative PCKEAM

16. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Is the BCKEAI's the governing body for FMA's in the UK?

17. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Hi GB-UK

Please check my other thread entitled 'Filipino Martial Arts - Governing Body.' I'm sure that you have already read that thread and know fully the answer to the question that you are asking!

While this topic has been addressed several times on MAP, for clarification, there is NO GOVERNING BODY WORLDWIDE for the FMA. Any claim to such status is mere fabrication. Certainly in the UK (follow the link on the aforementioned thread) the FMA has no Offically Recognised Governing Body and indeed, the FMA are not even recognised as a sport in the UK.

Gumagalang

Peter

18. EmptyHandGuy

Just thought that this was a new thing as I have never heard of it before and that it was the governing body for FMA's. Will look into the other thread. I didn't realise that you had to be a sport to get governing body status but then it depends on what you class as a sport!

19. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Hi GB-UK

The BCKEAI is certainly not new and indeed has grown to become the largest multi-system FMA organisation in Europe.

The Government requirement (not mine or that of the BCKEAI) is that for an activity to have a Governing Body, it must first be recognised as a sport. While the BCKEAI represents many sporting formats, including World Arnis Alliance, Excrima Concepts, WEKAF and Bakbakan, this does not constitute Government recognition as a Sport. In short, FMA practitioners recognise the sporting aspect of the FMA but the Government does not.

The process of application and gaining sporting recognition is lengthy and will take many years. Beyond that, there needs to be a unified and open approach in providing access to the recognised sporting event/s for all people before an organisation can be considered as a Governing Body. As mentioned previously, there is no Governing Body worldwide for the FMA.

Hope this helps your understanding of the situation but please feel free to ask more questions as they arise.

Gumagalang

Peter

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  20. EmptyHandGuy

Had a look at your other post and at the website of CKEAI's and it does look like a pretty good organisation. Nice to see people coming together and working to promote instead of knocking and building their own little empires! The no fee's policy is a brilliant idea, nobody can knock it as a money making scheme. I do hope that it continues to grow from strenght to strenght!