control my pc

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tang_sou_dao, Jan 28, 2004.

1. tang_sou_dao

tang_sou_dao YoU cAnT sEe Me!

on my new pc i have xp and sometimes it restarts on its own and the mouse just moves, i have searches but there isnt any trojans on my pc, anyone else experience this?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Uh-oh!

You need a better Trojan scan!

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Get MooSoft's The Cleaner trojan remover. Excellent product IMO. There should be a 30 day trail. It picks up stuff AV misses.

http://www.moosoft.com/

Incidently, I once hd a similar problem with the mouse doing its own thing (no re-starting though). I trojan and virus scanned it many a time, and nothing came up. It started to drive me nuts, till I realised what was causing it.

I had my mobile phone on a hands free kit, right next to the mouse. It was causing some sort of interference that caused the mouse pointer to move across the screen! I've stopped using them since, they must kick out some power.

4. Cain

Cain New Member

Err, if your pc is close to someone else's make sure no one's switched the wires ;)

Speaking from experience :Angel:

On a more serious note, do a thorough trojan scan, I'll eat my boots if there is'nt one....ok not literally ;)

|Cain|

5. Adralian

Adralian New Member

One quick suggestion, try this site http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/bsod.php to make sure the reboots are not caused by a software/hardware crash. Windows XP by default will reboot instead of showing the classic blue screen. You can easily re-enable the blue screen to rule out this possible problem.

6. tang_sou_dao

tang_sou_dao YoU cAnT sEe Me!

i had 1st bar an swicer trojan, search and destroy wasnt detecting them, shall i remove s&d

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

No. Search and Destroy is a Spyware remover, and a damn good one at that.

Using it to scan for viruses and trojans is like using a sweeping brush to vaccum the carpet. It'll clean up the occasional thing, but its not meant for that. You need a Anti Virus/Trojan scanner for that.

8. Cain

Cain New Member

There are specfic proggys to remove trojans, I use spycop but have also heard about TSD or something similar...

|Cain|

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Tauscan is another, but thats more of an attention whore than RealPlayer and Norton combined.

10. Cain

Cain New Member

Norton!? AAAAAARRGGGGGHHH!!! :woo:

*Runs around screaming and jumps off edge of vally*

:woo:

|Cain|

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

My computer is possessed by the devil...

12. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

what sort of devil?

13. YODA

he said THE Devil :p

14. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Opps, my mistake :eek:

15. Cain

Cain New Member

Would that by any chance be Bill Gates? ;)

|Cain|

16. YODA

No - BG is merely the Spawn of Satan :rolleyes:

17. Overmind1984

Overmind1984 Master of 0 and 1

I find it funny how you are typing "BG is merely the Spawn of Satan" on a Windows machine. ;) Hey Cain, why don't you like Norton? I have used it for years. Let me guess, you will also run and scream when I say I also use ZoneAlarm. :)

I find that the combinate of Norton and Ad-aware is pretty good, has worked for me for awhile. Althought, I do monitor all traffic with ZoneAlarm, so that could help. :p

18. Cain

Cain New Member

I still scream even at zonealarm! The problem is that it's everywhere!!! Made my pc slow as hell even when I removed all the startup items, uninstalled it and still get that dumb "norton protected recycle bin" s**t!!!

For cripe's sake! I uninstalled you and don't want you ever again! Get off my pc! :woo:

As for zonealarm - Tiny personal firewall PWNZ zonealarm ;)

|Cain|

19. YODA

Excellent! It was a joke :D