Christian Based Martial Art

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rojack79, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Taking a look at the world I don't think that guy could even run a Mcdojo. I wouldn't let him make me toast...he seems pretty inept for a divine being.

2. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

What are you talking about he make's great toast. Ever heard of the piece of toast with Jesus burned into it?

3. Bozza Bostik

Still bloody burnt though! Who wants that first thing in the morning?

4. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

oh come on burnt toast is awesome! :D

5. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

But in all seriousness doe's anyone have any more question's?

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Why dont you go train at a real gym?

7. Bozza Bostik

I have serious questions.

What costume do you have for the fair? When you're there do you speak in "old English" and call women "wenches" and say "thou art...." endlessly?

8. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Because i live out in the middle of no were practically. I have a friend who was in the army who is willing to help me get into shape. But i also don't have the money for a gym. And i don't have a car.

9. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Well i have a fencer's outfit for the fair. I've never been to a Renaissance fair before. And i would learn old English just so i could fit in.

10. Bozza Bostik

Just pray for one mate. A guy I know is a Christian, he wanted a new car, so he prayed for one for a bit. Then one day he had a car crash and got a new used car with the insurance money. It was God's work apparently.

Odd thing was, the new car broke down after a few days and the guy who sold it to him ripped him off. He lost a fair bit of money.

I laughed at him.

11. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Dang. That Suck's.

12. Bozza Bostik

God works in mysterious ways like that.

13. Bozza Bostik

14. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Given that you asked ol' beardy for the means to defend yourself and your family, why is he teaching you to use a sword, which you won't have with you should you need to defend yourself? Is god just a bit behind them times?

Although I've heard he's been a bit of a rascal lately. He convinced a poor drug addled couple to sell blocks of wood as golden tickets to heaven, then they got arrested.
    I suppose all that omnipotence must get bored and he needs to mix it up a bit, eh?

15. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

16. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Well i asked for the ability to use sword's. I like them far more than any other weapon. Plus i have several wooden practice sword's i can use.

17. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

How about we stick to critiquing the notion of teaching a style "learned" through divine inspiration and leave the "ol' beardy" comments aside. I don't think we have to share a belief in a given religion to extend some small courtesy to its adherents.

18. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Thank you for that. So lets continue the critiquing.

19. Bozza Bostik

I'm a bit lost here. It's a bit past my bedtime and i'm kinda....

So you have the Zorro costume for the fairs, but you haven't actually been to any fairs? So do you just wear the costume in the house and to Walmart and stuff like that?

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Would that we lived in a world in which God's biggest concern was your inability to use archaic weaponry. Honestly, he's got bigger fish to fry, don't you think?

Perhaps now isn't the time. It's certainly not the time to be thinking about teaching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.