[Choi Kwang Do] Is this true...?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by alister, Feb 14, 2007.

1. alister

alister Huh?

Probably....but can anyone confirm if this is genuine? Supposedly from an email to CKD Instructors:

Smells of Master P trying to make $$$ out of his followers - why would you want to put an ad in a programme whose only distribution is inside CKD...especially when the organisation should be there to assist you in your efforts rather than sting you for the priviledge. Would also be interested to know how much they're gonna be making from the whole phot with GMC thing.

Good God. :woo:

"Dear Instructors:

Attached to this email are samples of some of the sponsors for the CKD 20th Anniversary Seminar which will be featured in the over 50 page program guide. The program guide will feature the seminar schedule, CKD articles, letters from government & vip officials about the validity of CKD, historical pictures of Sahjonim and Choi Kwang Do (these historical pictures are what has made CKD today), advertisements from our sponsors, etc...

If you or your students would like to place an ad or congratulations to Sahjonim (see attached for examples), a quarter page is $250, half page is $500 and full page is $1000. To be included, you must send your ad and check no later than January 30th, 2007.

We will be able to purchase copies of this historic booklet after the seminar which can be used as a marketing tool as it will give your school credibility for years to come.

One more note on seminar events: Sahjonim will be available to take pictures on Friday March 2 from 4pm to 5.30pm with a professional photographer. This is the only time that you will be able to take pictures with Sahjonim. If you wish to do so, you must register online. Please stay tuned to the international website as links will be posted within the next couple of days.

For all of the Instructors who have not yet registered to attend, we urge you to reconsider and not miss out on our 20th year anniversary seminar and celebrations as this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. Your attendance at this event is earnestly requested.

See you at the seminar!

Pil Sung
    Choi Kwang Do Martial Art International "

2. BoredNow

BoredNow Valued Member

well it's spelling Pil Sung the old way rather that the all new Official Pil Suhng way so maybe, maybe not.

and didn't he used to be Dojunim?

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Interesting....

4. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

Man minimum of 250 bucks ta have ckd instructors advertise to ckd audiance i thought tkd was money daft this takes the biscuit biiiig time

5. amiller127

amiller127 Chief Instructor

I didn't get the email. But im assuming it was sent by HQ.

Who said you had to advertise your CKD school in there? If you are a student with a different business other than a CKD school you can then advertise in there if you want.

And as for the pics, the last time I went out for the anniversary they had a professional photographer set up. The pics were very good quality and I was happy with my copy.

6. Arrow

Arrow Valued Member

I've no problem with this or the costs.
    I'll happily write off the expense against advertising.
    It'll be an excellent tool to add credibility to me and my schools.
    Months/years from now I can present a 20th anniversary programme to my potential students and show them a picture of me alongside a very senior CKD international master... priceless and far better value than the ££££s I've wasted on Yell & Tomson!!

Pil Suhng, bring on the 3rd March :)