Chinese State Circuis - Swan Lake

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Yohan, May 11, 2008.

1. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Check this out, even if you don't like ballet, this is some of the most amazing use of the human body I have ever seen. I'm not even a fan of ballet, but this is absolutely incredible. I've never seen anything like it and I've seen my fair share of ballet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOqxSaW05p4"]YouTube[/ame]

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Yohan has a feminine side:cool:

Nice clip dude!

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Just ridiculous. Seriously. My god... the amount of conditioning and practice that would take!!! :eek:

Some of the very first scenes of the male and female lead parts... unreal. Just unreal. Right... toe spin on my partners shoulder... HOLY CRAP!!!

HAHHAHAHa and couldn't stop rewinding and watching the little frogs at the start... that cracked the missus up. I just kept thinking how much stronger and coordinated they were than I am.:p

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Man...thats just sick.

I'm with Slip, my mind went nuts on the shoulder spin thing.

5. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

I shall attempt this at the next practice.
    This may be my last post ever:):)

regards koyo

6. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Man Slip I got distracted by the pole dancing clips linked to it !!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

The part that really drove me nuts is where she spins on his forehead at the end. That whole bit was just insane.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

hahaha... yeah when I read this I was expecting this to be the whole... 'how hard could it possibly be??'.... at least you're honest about the risk. :D

9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

This can be quoted for any technique :D

That's gravestone material right there!

10. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

WOW :eek: Nice find.

I've always warned people to 'watch out for the dancers - they're tougher than you think', but these guys (and girls) take it to another level.

One of the early "Faking It" programs had a female black belt martial artist trying to fake being a competition latin ballroom dancer - but the biggest problem they had was trying to make her 'girly' :D I did notice at the time that they didn't take a good quality dancer and try to teach them martial arts - strength, flexibility, hard working, used to pain, and able to put moves together in order or randomly from a set of 'basics'.... where would they begin? :rolleyes:

11. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

That is INSANE !!!

12. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

One time a member of the Ballet Rambert (male) took some of us for exercise at my request. He would quip to we martial arts macho types be careful not to bang your head on the mat now! He went into a box splits and slowly lowered his head onto the mat!!

We of course looked like new born girrafes taking a drink.

Then if two arm pressups were too difficult.. we should do them one armed to give ourselves a rest.

BIG change in attitude shown to "dancers" after that.

regards koyo