Chinese New Year: Anyone doing anything special?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by shonuff, Jan 30, 2004.

1. shonuff

shonuff New Member

Chinese New Year is tomorrow, isn't it? Must be 'cause there's a parade in my city tomorrow. Anyone doing any demos?

2. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

You're a little late, my friend. But better late than never!:D

Happy Year of the Monkey to you and yours.

In mantis we did monkey footwork drills.:)

3. shonuff

shonuff New Member

Happy New Year to you, too.

It was on January 22nd but the parade is on the 31st, go figure.

4. Darren

Darren Valued Member

Had a big family gathering, and more chinese food than you can shake a stick at. Also got money... handy being Chinese etc ;)

5. xubis

xubis New Member

Nope. I am not Chinese ;)

6. Tireces

Tireces New Member

The only thing I do to celebrate new years is whatever kooky movie marathon strikes my fancy, and I don't think they have chinese new year movie marathons. Though some bruce lee movie marathons would be swell. I could sure do with another seeing of return of the dragon.

7. Darren

Darren Valued Member

Saw that last night. The acting is awful. In fact I've recently seen the other Bruce Lee films and it's pretty awful in all of them. Great action tho.

8. Jim

Jim New Member

Pretty sad... (my life that is! :( )

I used to get right into it and have banquets, etc. but now.. time just passes. I'm getting too old for this!

Happy year of the monkey all!

9. Southern Mantis

Southern Mantis New Member

went round to some friends' house for food and did two demos at the local arts centre as part of their chinese celebrations - it was excellent