Chi Ryoku Ninjitsu Kempo

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Neil-o-Mac, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Got one of these off eBay recently and it came in the mail today. I bought it seeing as it was sure-fire comedy ninjer nonsense and I wasn't disappointed. Lots of guff techniques, kamae ripped right out of History & Tradition (poorly performed too), terrible use of terminology, a 'jo staff' that was more like an escrima stick (used in techniques that were probably lifted straight out of Hatsumi's Stick Fighting book), and two ukes that were, for the majority of the time, in full ninja costume (and when they weren't they looked like Chesney Hawkes and that Billy dude from Neighbours years ago). Not to mention the use of a 'live blade' straight bladed ninja-to that was probably made from pressed tin-foil and probably cost no more than twenty quid.

Definitely worth a purchase if you've got a few quid burning a hole in your Paypal account - I know I got my money's worth, if for all the 'wrong' reasons. Pretty damn funny. :D

I'm going to see if I can rip it and stick it on Youtube too, for everyone's entertainment.

2. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

a few 'action' clips would be great

:)

3. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Or pictures just to give us a chuckle.

4. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

then give us a spanking!...er sorry Monty python flashback

5. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Got the DVD ripper working now, should hopefully have something up on Youtube in the next day or so...

6. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

As to paraphrase Homer Simpson "WoooHooo!"

In case You tube decides to play silly sods, any chance of a fileshare *cough cough* :D

7. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

I'll probably stick it on Yousendit if Youtube decides to be teh suck. Maybe even my own webspace, if it doesn't completely spank my bandwidth :p

8. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Some stills up at as funny as they were, they violate copyright laws so I had to remove - Still working on video. Maybe I could post a CD out to some folk and get a distribution tree set up, like concert bootleg traders? :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2006
  9. Orrah

Orrah Valued Member

Haha! I enjoyed the jawatossing one myself. :D

10. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

OMG thats SAD

11. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Um, why the crash matts when they are on GRASS???

If I was in that video I would wish I had the Ninja hood on the WHOLE time!

But then again the er... "master" must be good! He has a worn black belt
    :rolleyes:

12. Enson

Enson Valued Member

I really enjoyed the Ichimonji no "G"amae.

13. Shau

Shau kurai okami

Hah, I am getting a kick just from the pictures. If I owned this video, I'd probably be laughing my tabi off.

14. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

You soooo do not want to know what that means in Greek!
    Let's put it this way...it is exactly what he's doing to the posture!
    he he

15. Enson

Enson Valued Member

Just reading that almost made me spit out me Jamba Juice! :D

16. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Maybe if the ninja stands very still, the sad man may go away...

[​IMG]

Any chance of a ripped DVD O'Mac?

17. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

I had a quick look at the pictures. Oh dear.

However I'm now going to play Devil's Advocate purely to spark up some productive discussion.

Let's say that some guy comes along and buys a Bujinkan DVD off eBay, perhaps one of Hatsumi sensei's ones just for the sake of discussion. He doesn't train in the Bujinkan but he's curious. He watches the DVD and splits his sides laughing - it's the biggest pile of nonsense he's ever watched in his life, even taking Lethal Weapon 4 into account.

He finds the DVD so implausible and laugh out loud rubbish that he decides to rip it and upload it to his website so all his mates can laugh at it too.

Now I reckon that WE would turn around and have something to say about the fact that he's putting something copyrighted into the public domain for download. I reckon that WE would have something to say about the fact that he's posted a load of screen grabs of a copyrighted DVD on his website.

Now what gives us the right to do the same? Regardless of what we think of the DVD's contents, the DVD is still copyrighted so should we really be talking about putting pirated versions of it up on the internet? Have we asked the owner of the copyright for permission to do this?

Just think how we would feel if someone was doing this with a DVD of (insert instructor's name of choice here).

Sorry to play Devil's Advocate but I sometimes think that we forget our manners at times.

18. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Valued Member

I have to say I agree with the sentiments above. You may be as critical as you like of the contents of this guy's DVD, but that doesn't mean you are entitled to break the law by pirating it. Sadly, if you don't own this and you want to laugh at it, you either have to buy it or borrow it from someone who owns a copy.

Also, please bare in mind this is a public forum, and we should conduct ourselves in a manner that brings credit on our school and on our teachers, not the reverse.

19. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Yep. Going to have to agree with MWD and Cuchulain. So much that I'm going to have to ask you to remove the link. Okay?

20. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Sorry, Mr. K - edit function on my posts so far in this thread expired a looooong time ago. Go forth and use thy modly powers for editage.