Chi/Ki energy

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Telsun, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Your opinions please.

What is chi energy?
    How do you develop and use it?

I have my own opinion. I am curious as to whether it is shared. Give me some feeback and I will divulge my theory later.

2. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

What is chi energy?
    A. it can be anything from breath/air to biomechanical energy lots of theories lots of guesses... depends how u define it...
    to me it's breath.

trhu practice one develops...
    using?? unconciously...
    -TkdWarrior-

3. cioGium

cioGium New Member

chi

All around us is energy . you can call it chi , gni , qui, wxdy or anything else ......
    What are we made of : head , arms , body , legs
    skin, muscles , fat , cartilages , bones
    lots of organs
    organs - cels
    cels :citoplasma,ribozomi, nucleols, golgi ap. etc
    and all of this , not only human beeings but even rocks , wood, birds ,**** and sperm comes down in ATOMS !! what are atoms : electrons , neutrons - but this is only a dens zone of what we call energy and what asians call chi/ki so , can you use it? some yogins claim they can stop their hearts from beating (i think i can stop it too but who will start it again????) others say that some grandmasters could bend iron bars and jump 5 m high !!! lies , legends who knows .......you ??

4. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

No, I don't know. Keep it coming.........

5. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Well not quite the response I was looking for but anyway:

Okay no revelations, I cannot reveal any secrets or give wise words and advice.
    My theory is that chi energy is a load of baloney. I believe that people seen to have achieved chi have superb muscle control which is what allows them to exert a force that is commonly called chi. Because people cannot understand how someone can expel so much force they give it a name and put it down to an internal power. Nothing magic nothing unexplainable just muscle control.

Well thats it. Dissappointed? Well I'm not an expert and there is always Rich Mooney.

Anyone care to tell me just how wrong I am?

6. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

Yes!!!! Finally something in my field

Chi/ki (sometimes spelled qi) energy is the energy that flows through us. Without it we wouldn't live. It is stored in the lower dan tien (I think thats how you spell it) , but surculates mainly through your upper dan tien. Many people believe in ki munipulation. ki munipulation is the ability to move ki through your body. If your good enough you can make it come out of your hands(remember this energy is invisible so all you'll feel is heat), and make a ball with it, known as a ki ball. I would love to get more into this but I would rather tell you via e-mail or pm. My email is fender1212@hotmail.com I can answer most if not all of your questions.

7. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

YES!!! I thought i was alone on this forum. finally someone on this site who knows!!! :woo:

8. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

Someone, I'll teach anyone, just contact me!!! :woo:

9. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

Well not quite the response I was looking for but anyway:

Okay no revelations, I cannot reveal any secrets or give wise words and advice.
    My theory is that chi energy is a load of baloney. I believe that people seen to have achieved chi have superb muscle control which is what allows them to exert a force that is commonly called chi.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What is chi energy?
    A. it can be anything from breath/air to biomechanical energy lots of theories lots of guesses... depends how u define it...
    to me it's breath.

trhu practice one develops...
    using?? unconciously...
    --------------------------------------------
    Guitarboy1212
    I would love to get more into this but I would rather tell you via e-mail or pm
    ------------------------------------------
    why on pm or email??
    -TkdWarrior-

10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

That's why nobody want to know :D

Roll up roll up - free secrets get yer free secrets here step right up.

:Angel:

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Chi energy was the theory that the blood vessels carried air and not blood, because medics were forbidden from carrying out dissections at the time that the theory was developed except on convicted criminals (who would be beheaded, meaning that their blood vessels would be pretty much emptied) it was decided that these little tubes in the body carried air, and blood was just a substance carried around in the body. After a long time they modified the theory, saying that the veins carried air, and the arteries carried blood.

12. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

your wrong ckdstudent. And the reason why I want to do it on e-mail or on PM is because then I can answer specific questions, and doen't have to waste my time writing the whole history, and every branch of it

13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Actually I'm right, the current theory is different I'm sure, but originally the chi theory was what I described.

14. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

could you please tell me where you got that information. I'm pretty sure it originated long ago from an asian country (tibet, china, japan, mongolia, korea). I have studied it extensively, and have never found the theory of it being that blood vessels carried air.

15. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'm not talking about the current theory, I'm talking about the original. In the same way that the west had the theory of humours making up the body, Chi was the idea that the blood vessels carried air, and was an eastern theory equivalent to the humours. To be fair it wasn't too far off, except for the air being bonded into the blood cells. I got that information from a friend of mine who's put a lot of research into the origins of chi theory, as well as several different web pages, unfortunately since it was several years ago that I picked it up I can't give you the addresses offhand, but I'll try and find them.

A little on it here
    Some more

Like I said, I'll try and find the actual history of Chi somewhere online, but that's all I could find at short notice.

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  16. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

well if you won't to get info on the current ki theory. go to ki-central.hypermart.net look around that website and on their links. here's a website if you want to look up psi munipulation. There's a better one but I can't remember it www.psipog.net ckdstudent, i would be happy to tell you all that I know about it so if those websites don't help pm me or e-mail me (my e-mail is on a post a put on this same thread )

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

If its so hard to do it with just a camera pointing at you, why bother learning at all since there's no way you'll manage in combat?

I just can't bring myself to believe in something with no even remotely scientific basis, no valid philosophical basis, no solid (or even partially-solid) evidence, in fact nothing other than anecdotal evidence to support it.

18. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

It's hard to find a good site on ki/chi. The belief gets deluded by Dbzers (a name for little kids who like dragon ball z and go onto these sites wanting to blow up mountains, and screwing up the whole philosophy of what ki really is) I HATE DBZERS!!!!!!

sorry had to get that out of my system.

anyway, it's very hard to find a good quality website on ki/chi energy. And by the way, it's not very effective in battle. Your right. The only thing it's good for is stopping someones organs from working, and you would need alot of time and concentration, without them blocking for it to work, so yes it is a horrible thing to want to use in battle, but it is still very interesting.

19. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

hey ckdstudent I was going to send this to you on pm but It is 320 characters to long so i'll post it here for you

Hey heres some info on ki/chi energy:

Ki is the Japanese word meaning spirit or life force, it is what makes us alive. It can be explained as the electricity that keeps you alive.

Ki is all around us. It is in air, water and the earth. The bigger the object the more ki it has, that does not apply to humans though. Ki in humans has to be realized and controlled to grow. The ki of a person
    can grow to an unlimited amount of power. This is achieved by simple weightlifting, eating right and ki training.

Even though in the west we don’t normally understand ki, in Asia it is a common thing to study on. Even watching Japanese cartoons such as Dragonball and Red Hawk will give you some examples of visible ki. Now normally ki is not visible to the human eye. The part of your body which can view ki is called your third eye or prajna. Energy will often appear to be a lot like a heat wave. You can see it but it does not shine. Later on when you experience and practice seeing ki you can view it as either a blue or yellow lightning type glow.

Entire communities around the world create their own clan of ki users which can be defined in certain criteria organized categories. Most people follow into the healing or Martial Arts categories

I'll try and send you more info on it. This is just the basics
    give me your e-mail, because most of the info like this one is to big for pm

20. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Bwaaahahahahahaaaaaaa........

Hey Guitarboy - get yourself over to the James Randi Foundation - there's a million bucks just waiting there fro you if you can substantiate ANY of that codswallop.

The $1 Million Challenge