[Capoeira] Capoeira fighting video clips online?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Linguo, Mar 16, 2004.

1. M3inline6

M3inline6 Valued Member

Sometimes, when you see a bunch of tricking and no interaction, it's an arrogance thing. Sometimes they aren't adept at the jogo de' dentro, and they take it personal if their opponent does play close.

2. valetudo74

valetudo74 Master of Ching Ching POW

I just saw Jean's video last night. I like his use of the meia lua to counterattack. He actually hit a couple of people in the video with the meia lua. I also like his Au guard pass, and his Au transition into Martelo to help him cut off the ring of his opponent and stay in good position. He's just sick with his transition from stand-up to submissions. I'd rank this guy WAY ahead of what Mestre Hulk has done in terms success in MMA. His website is down, but I believe the address is: http://www.jeandasilva.co.uk

I've also seen video from the early/late 80's of street rodas from Brazil. Those Brazilians were working their S-Curls and Jheri Curls in the roda! LOL I saw a few fights where this girl got into a scrap with a guy and kicked his ass in the roda. There were some night rodas that were recorded as well. Some footage had Mestre Caicara on it. Caicara was freakin' hilarious. He would start singing, then a student would look at him to get permission to start playing, then Caicara would stop the student and keep singing to get the student agitated. It was just hilarious.

3. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Getting your a** kick in the roda...Lol, I wonder if that Capoeira practitioner knocked him out also.

4. planetcapoeira

planetcapoeira New Member

Wow. Just watched Jean Silvas clips (yeah..finally!) Really impressive..I liked the way he'd esquiva under an opponents kick and go for the single leg takedown. Also nice was his use of meia luas and au's, and the occasional voodoo morcegou was nuts too..Very impressive..and the guy has nice hand skills and his submissions seem pretty tight too..I'm gonna be keeping an eye on the guy :)

5. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Yeah, He's the Capoeirista that competes more in the MMA and I haven't seen Mestre Hulk compete lately and I think there should be more Capoeirista's in the MMA competitions.

6. UnrealMarc

UnrealMarc Valued Member

hi guys, i was just wondering

the Jean Silva HL clips on subfighter dont work :woo:

so could some1 be so nice to me that they could host it and send me a link to it?

:Angel: :Angel: :Angel: :Angel:

Marc

7. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Well, You would have to register to view that video clip.

8. UnrealMarc

UnrealMarc Valued Member

I did ... but they say the clip isn't in their server no more, so if some1 has it on their computer....they could host it.. :)

9. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

if you go to subfighter.tv the clips are still there (they are changing servers atm)

after watching those silva clips, all i can say is- wow. makes me want to train in capoeira :D Silva is very smooth in his transitions, like when he cartwheels across on top of that guy and immediately takes the mount and starts dropping bombs. nice takedowns as well. and I dont know what that double leg kick thingy was near the end, but if he had knocked the guy out it would have looked too cool.

his spinning kick also seems quite good. i can see advantages it would have a regular spinning kick, in that he seems to be very stable when he does it and recovers quickly. also his head and chest are impossible targets while he is doing it. great clip.

10. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

He had a little more momentum on that spinning kick due to because he ginga a little and that Au was pretty risky but it back the opponent of and he throw a straight right which was smooth.