Can women defend themselves against men?

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by FF1994, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

And she can't use bjj in self defence why ?

2. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Gtg, I'll be back later to continue. Thanks for the discussion. Thank God feminism is dying.

3. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

She CAN. All I'm saying is my striking would overcome her in a real life situation where there are no rules.

4. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Christ ......................

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Wind your neck in there youngster.

You have trained in one dojo, so haven't sparred loads of people.

You haven't trained in self defence, so haven't trained full contact using up to date PPE.

You haven't so trained against a BJJ fighter, so don't have an understanding f their skill.

You haven't trained against multiple assailants.

You don't train in an Eskrima system, so I would doubt your weapons syllabus.

You believe all fights happen standing up and without grappling.

In regard to the military that's another thread.

This is about women's self defence.

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

This thread has become a train wreck of stupid.

7. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

I've sparred a multitude of people at different ages and genders.

I have trained with full contact sparring. Stop acting like you have any clue as to what I do.

And yet, I can pummel a woman very easily. Female BJJ fighters are no match for a man.

I have. Already said that.

I do. Wrong again.

Never said that. But it's best to avoid going to the ground if possible and striking will always occur in a real fight.

Why are you avoiding answering my question about women's injury rate in the military?

8. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Agreed. People can't recognize sexual dimorphism plays a huge part in real life self defense scenarios. Feminism makes people stupid.

9. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Tell you what then, why don't you go to a boxing gym, find a woman who's been training hard for a few years, then film you pummelling her for us to finally have the proof we need?

Because that, and the gender pay gap (or lack thereof) are irrelevant to the thread.

There are already threads about both those things. Why don't you search for them and post your thoughts there? They'll be in the off-topic area.

10. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Because martial artists don't go looking for fights? How do you not know that?

And it is relevant because many people have claimed women are equal to men. If they are weaker, smaller, slower, have a lower pain tolerance (more nerve receptors packed per square area of skin), a lower bone density, and get injured at twice the rate of men in the military, I'd say that counts as strong evidence women are NOT equal to men.

11. philosoraptor

You're comparing means without accounting for variance.

12. David Harrison

Not a fight, just go in for some hard sparring. You scared? :)

Oh yeah, I forgot. Every self-defence situation is equivalent to being in the Marines :rolleyes:

13. David Harrison

He's right though. Feminism has made him stupid.

14. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

The thing you don't understand how small the variance is. The marines had a physical test for men that was 8 pull ups. For women, it was 1 pull up. 90% of women failed, so they reduced it to hanging on the pull up bar for 15 seconds. When we have this idea in our minds that women can do anything men can just because it's POSSIBLE, we end up putting lives in danger, e.g. the military. Is it possible for a woman to be as strong as a man? Yes. Is it likely? My God, no. Look up some elite female powerlifters. Most can't bench over 200 lbs. The strongest women in the world are only benching in the 300s, with the strongest in the 400s. The point is the strength disparity between men and women is HUGE. Not only that, but men have a much greater potential to build muscle thanks to testosterone, so not only do men start out stronger, but with the same workout routine, a man would actually increase in strength at a faster rate than woman doing the same routine.

15. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

That's funny, considering I could school you on why feminism is all wrong. Seriously, I'm an economics major and I've studied this topic in detail. Where do you want to start? The wage gap myth? The rape culture myth? The debunked rape statistics? The debunked domestic violence statistics? I honestly can't think of one feminist claim that is true or supported by evidence.

16. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

That's not the point. The point is men and women aren't equal. Are you going to acknowledge that or not?

17. philosoraptor

Difference in mean offers you no predictive ability in any individual case. You've added caveat after caveat to your statement - the woman cannot simply push the man down to knock him out, it can't be from a third world nation, the man can't be drunk, the man can't be skinny, etc., etc. If the profundity and depth of your logic is simply that most men are stronger than most women and in most fights strength determines the victor, well, WOW who would have thought! Strength differentials can be overcome with training - if you don't understand that, well, you might want to switch gyms.

18. philosoraptor

No I think he was stupid way before he encountered feminism.

19. David Harrison

I don't want to start that at all. Not in this thread.

If you want to find the relevant threads and add your thoughts to them, knock yourself out.

Yes, there are biological differences between men and women. I know, I've checked :D

That doesn't make your ramblings any more valid.

20. philosoraptor

"Guys, talk to me about feminism! Cmon! Guys?! GUYS!!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.