Can any of you say to Bruce Lee face that what Ted Wong does is not Jeet Kune Do?

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by pmosiun, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

the guys He shuted down was fighter like Jesse.whats the matter?all was bigger stronger well experienced.all failed and it was just Lees younger age indeed.
    no one could blck it Hes eyejab continously tried says Demille in hes interview jsut watched 2 days ago.Lee count 1.2.3 and went for a shot.He knew it comes it couldnt defend himself.tried many times all the time failed against it.all this from 5 feet..

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Pacquaio, studied Bruce stuffs too check it narrower stance not typical square stance.not represent well what Lees done but He is successfull boxer indeed.or to be fair very-very good.

3. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67NdOX2lj-k"]joe lewis vs greg baines - YouTube[/ame]

4. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

I have absolutely no idea where to even begin deciphering this message.

5. Master Betty

sheever, you make my english high school teacher cry.

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I don't even understand what this post is saying.

7. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Kuma.doesnt matter.
    tell your training mate stand to you 2 feet distance and order him to smash you during a conversation but any of the point on without warning.let me know what technic working for you in that case.I am just interested what ll happen.
    wanna see the kick you apply from that distance also Master rocketleg Betty too.then you will reconsider everything you thaught by your master and what you ve experienced.thats happening in real situation no one will jab you and ll be telegraphic.now look at this.thats why this kick not aplied in ring just an example.
    Carruthers teach about this even hes online training is modifided wing chun and came from Jesse too but he said too Bruce was working on different stuffs

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKU-XoTPJmQ&NR=1"]Bruce Lee - Fastest Kick - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Sheever, what the hell are you on about?

It's all getting a bit cryptic.

Oh and the kick in the video is useless.

9. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

for you maybe.

10. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I like the kick,looks like the fastest way to reach the balls from that angle and hard to see or stop at that range,I dont like the head lift after the kick but perhaps that was for drama and show:)

11. Master Betty

If I'm two feet away from someone I'm in clinch range mate. And unless you've got wrestling or Judo knowledge superior to my clinch knowledge then you're my bitch when you're standing within two feet of me.

12. Simon

It's a poor kick. Sure it is quick, good for sparring but that is all.

The worst thing to do in a fight is a flicky kick, which will little more than annoy the other person. I found this out the hard way.

13. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Simon I understand you.but this stuffs for different enviroment
    Look at his scoop kick too.alk this stuff to take peopkes out of comission in one move.not dancing around.
    Masterbetty strongly advice you to try that in your training first then came back with this genious idea

14. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Only the blind can not see that kick comes from no stance.its self defense no sparring application

15. Simon

I've can tell you from experience you will not take someone out with a kick like the one in the video. It may be an 'in', a precursor to some heavy artillery, but it is not a finisher, whatever the environment.

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Human's are not geometrically intersecting polygonal shapes. They shift, react, interpret, decide etc.
    So while moving in a fast and efficient manner is a good basic rule to adhere to it's not so set in stone that other methods, that seem long winded or not as pure as moving in a straight line can work as well if not better.

17. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Groin is groin nog even strong hit needed

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Where's C3PO when you need him? Fluent in over 6 milion forms of communication.

19. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Not true in my experience... of both hitting and being hit, there.

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Sheever, you really REALLY need to sharpen up your language skills

I won't even get into the JKD aspects because you are just espousing the same old tired "theory over praxis" approach that has held so much JKD back all these years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.