Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tatsumaru, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

I'm pretty late in getting this game, I think I'm right in saying it's been out for about a year now and I only just got around to picking up a copy (blame Halo 3!). Imagine my surprise then when I do a search and find no threads already out there on this game!

Is this just a freak accident or does nobody else on here actually have this game??

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

The was a thread but it may have been lost in the crash.
    I have it but I'm even worse on that than Halo.

3. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

I have it. Found it enjoyable but didn't play it for very long. Shame really:confused:

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Apparently 360's are coming down in price so I may take the plunge and get one soon, along with COD4 (and Gears of War etc).

5. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

the multiplayer seems to be a lot more casual pick up and play than halo, especially as there's no way to go down in rank/points

6. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I started the old thread Tatsu. To sum it up:

Decent game.
    Nice graphics.
    Too short.

Online, my son has been blazing through and decided not to go prestige. He likes his weapons too much!
    Enjoy my friend!

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Really cool single player and some good multiplayer fun but if you're into Halo properly, which I know you are, you will quickly find yourself picking that up again rather than sticking with COD. It's too much just run and gun rather than team work which is much more emphasised in Halo IMO. The tactics in Halo are much more advanced due to spawn systems, weapon spawns etc. In CoD you basically stick with your gun and rely on aim and some run and gun tactics. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it but it's a bit mindless to be honest.

8. corey

corey New Member

I loved it! It is short though.

9. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

I agree..Great game, nice atmosphere, but a touch too short...That said, online is good fun and can easily keep me going for days..

It's addictive, but short paced, and so easy to finish and hard to pick back up again..

Great game though..

10. Cowardly Clyde

Cowardly Clyde Valued Member

i've pretty much played COD4 multiplayer every day since release! I'm sick to the back teeth of it.....but keep going back for more!!!!! We play at work during lunch so i cant be accused of being a total nerd! Although you could if you wanted to & probably would be right! :)

11. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

I have it and enjoy playing it.

12. Iron Palm

Iron Palm New Member

Have it. Love it. Have not played online yet, but i loved the story... it was a bit short though. Some of the best graphics i've seen on 360 and most enjoyable FPS i've played in a long time

By the way anyone heard of the new COD out soon... something about the pacific during WWII. Takes place in Japan and also i think in Russia. Looks interesting!!

13. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

PS3's online gem in my opinion. quality ending if too short and a pain to complete on veteran, i gave up on "one shot, one kill." and world at war looks cool apparently the japs do traps and stuff and no one done this battle yet. oh and theres a flamethrower

14. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

i completed it on the PC, but can;t figure out howto go prestige!!!

any help?

15. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

on the ps3 its in the barracks menu when you reach L55

16. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Yep.

You can reset your score back to zero (and lose all your cool guns and stuff). Your ranking will change to a prestige level:

Attached Files: