Button Moon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chimpcheng, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm not having anything to do with it if that Rowling woman is involved! I HATE Harry Potter! GRRRRRR!

Tarantino though,that's got me interested! Perhaps Gordon Liu would do a cameo? :p

2. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

You know the credits for “Enterprise” where they show some ancient dudes on a raft in the middle of the sea, followed by galleons > airplanes > rockets > the Moon landing > The Mars Lander > Cochrane’s first transwarp ship > Enterprise NX-01, you know, signifying man’s ascent to the stars? Wouldn’t it be great to have a flash of Button Moon in that sequence? :D

3. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Haha Chimpy loving the topic :D I remember that chat very well!

I reckon any Button Moon remake should be void of any enhancement. Just pure, simple 'Button Moon-ness' - the same formula that made it great in the first place, only with a running time of 165 minutes :D

4. Chimpcheng

Hmmm, I'm not sure a feature length Button Moon as it was in the 80's would be enough for audiences of today. They demand a certain sophistication in their viewing pleasure, so I think a bang up to date movie should be on the cards.

May be we could start small and update the TV like "Red Dwarf" when they did a few special editions by going back to the original series and redoing some of the effects i.e. by adding random scutters...

Let's face it, Button Moon was missing some Dewback lizards, droids and Mrs Spoon shooting first. :D

5. Lily

Lily Valued Member

WTH is Button Moon?

6. Chimpcheng

Button Moon is one of the TV sci-fi greats in this world from the 1980's. It ranks right up there with Star Trek, Quantum Leap and Battlestar Galactica.

It ran for something like 90 episodes each being 10 minutes long and packing more action than the whole of the Star Wars Trilogy (both prequel and sequel).

Essentially, the Spoon family would fly off to Button Moon, mill around for a little bit, look through their telescope and view interstellar life.

Although Star Trek came first with it's multi-cultural crew, Button Moon expanded on this premise. The parallels with modern day society and how we should live our lives in peace and in tolerance with other races and cultures through well structured narratives beggars belief.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  7. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I think you need more medication. :eek: :D

8. Chimpcheng

Dunno what you mean man. :confused: Button Moon has an underlying plan on how society should interact similar to that implied by Star Trek. In Kirk's era Klingons were the baddies, however in Picard's time and later they were allies with the Federation.

Button Moon has a similar ethos.

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I don't like Star Trek. :eek: