北勝蔡李佛 Buk Sing Choy Li Fut in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by MiniCooperS1275, Jan 22, 2011.

1. MiniCooperS1275

MiniCooperS1275 New Member

I read in a couple of webpages about 北勝蔡李佛 Buk Sing Choy Li Fut schools that were started by 聶智飛 Nip Chee Fei and 鄭才 Chang Choy in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur and Ipoh). Does anyone know:
    1. Whether they still exist
    2. If so, their contact details

Any details of the Singapore school(s) would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I will ask my Sifu tomorrow and keep you posted.

There is always the Singapore Hung Sing Kwoon. But you want Buk Sing specifically?

Be well.

3. ninkenzie

ninkenzie New Member

The school in Ipoh is still there. In fact they've just built a beautiful new kwoon, I was present for the opening ceremony. I had some business cards with the contact details but I don't know what I've done with them. I'll try and dig them out and get back to you.

4. MiniCooperS1275

Hi, Infrazael,

No, not necessarily Buk Sing. I only mentioned Buk Sing because according to the Web sources I read, the school in Malaysia apparently belongs to the Buk Sing branch, that's all.

Given that Choy Li Fut in itself is a great style, coupled by the relative difficulty in finding Choy Li Fut schools in Malaysia and Singapore (or perhaps I have not been searching in the right places :)), I am not fussy.

Yes, if you could also provide the contact details for the Singapore Hung Sing Gwoon, that would be great, too.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, ninkenzie,

That would be great. Thanks in advance. Long shot: You wouldn't happen to remember off the top of your head where in Ipoh the new kwoon is, would you? I happen to drop by in Ipoh once in a while, as I have relatives there.

5. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

According to my sifu there is the HUNG SING KWOON in both Malaysia and Singapore. The one from Malaysia is essentially "Buk Sing" but still under the guise of the Hung Sing branch. I have to email sifu again as I forgot the teacher's name, but he is from Tarm Sarm's line.

As regarding the Singapore Hung Sing Kwoon I am pretty sure they are more or less the traditional Fut San Hung Sing line, less so than Buk Sing.

I tried to find their info on the internet but the Malaysian kwoon is proving to be annoyingly elusive.

6. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

From what i have been told the Singapore Kwoon is very good.

7. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Well, Fut San Hung Sing is very good!!! :hat:

8. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Oh I see you already have info on Nip Chee Fei sifu.

Yeah, he's still around bro. But my sifu doesn't have his contact information though.

Dig around, ask around, I'm sure you will find it.

Good luck.

9. ninkenzie

ninkenzie New Member

contact details

here you go mate.This is the address of the ipoh buck sing school ( nip chee fei students)
    Sifu Chiew Tuck Kheng - 012-4518553
    add : 1389, Jalan Queen, Pasir Pinji, 31650 Ipoh Perak

I don't think master Chiew speaks english though, is that a problem?
    hope this helps.

10. MiniCooperS1275

Hi, ninkenzie,

Thanks for that - definitely a good start! Searching for both the Malaysian and Singapore kwoons' websites online was starting to be worse than pulling teeth :bang: (though, to be fair, I did eventually locate an address and telephone number for the Singapore Hung Sing Kwoon, just no official website).

http://www.eguide.com.sg/Companies/Hong-Sheng-Koon-Chinese-Koontow-Lion-Dance-Society

No problem with language issues with Sifu Chiew - I can speak passable Chinese. :rolleyes:

11. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned