Bug tracker

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Saz, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

the thingy about the "go to last post" button happens in classic MAP. i'm currently using MAP power blue but i personally prefer classic, but for some reason the text link to the last post in a thread takes forever to load

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Cheers lads, I'll check those out at some point today.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Think I might have got this working now.

I've been playing with the skins so some images need resorting right now.

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

they show on power blue(in fact i get two of them), but not on classic MAP, which i personally prefer.

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Aww nuts.. I thought the other one wasn't showing. Will sort that tomorrow as its gone 2am here.

This might require some hard coding then, which is strange because the functionality should be the same in either skin, apart from maybe the slimline/mobile ones.

6. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I can't log in from front page, I have to faff about and log in from forum pages or use a save link to a old page.

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I've just tried it and it seems to be OK for me at least.

On the main page there's 2 login boxes, which are you using, and which skin are you in?

8. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

New one.

On the Classic Map skin and Map power blue skin clicking on the clubs link in the header takes me too a blank page.

9. adouglasmhor

I am running a work around I can log in via the forums link on the left side now!

Now I cant go back and forward in a thred both in Iceape Navigator and Mozila Firefox i get a php script application instead?

[​IMG]

Doesn't happen on other sites, I have tried unruly politics, MSE and Dead awaken forums.

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

No idea why you're getting that!

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

No, that looks pretty strange?

Do you get that straight away or after waiting a while for the page to load?

12. adouglasmhor

I just managed to get through one without it, someone else said site is a little buggy and try clearing cache - seems to have worked.

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Ok, finally sorted that - redirect page is now set up :)

14. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

15. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

I can get to the last page if I change my settings to "show 5 posts per page"
    That'll fix it for now.

16. gungfujoe

gungfujoe Please, call me Erik. :)

Does "incredibly slow" count as a bug, even though it's a server issue and not a forum software issue? I frequently find that loading threads or reply screens takes upwards of 60 seconds. It's entirely inconsistent, with the initial loading (e.g. a link from a thread update notification email) typically taking longer than other page loads, but not always. Sometimes I'll load three threads in 10 seconds and the fourth will take a minute or so.

I tried running a tracert to www.martialartsplanet.com's IP, and I do get some timeouts (even with the timeout value set to 80 seconds!) along the path. I tried some third-party web-based trace route tools, and I see timeouts along the path there, too. It looks like they may be within the liquidweb.com steps of the route (which I assume is MAP's web host, since the last step before www.MAP.com is a liquidweb.com server).

I pretty much stopped visiting MAP six months ago because the pages were taking so long to load or were timing out, and I'm surprised to see that the problems haven't alleviated since. I didn't notice this type of slowdown before my prior hiatus.

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

We're looking into a new server.

18. Yudanja

Yudanja Euphoric

May I suggest one? LOL.

19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Go for it!

20. Yudanja

Yudanja Euphoric

URLJet