Bruce Lee: An Untimely Death

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by wayofthedragon, Nov 7, 2002.

?

What do you think about this suggestion?

1. I agree

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. I disagree

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. It is possible

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Bruce Lee is dead:confused:

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

How did Bruce really die? Oh I've heard several differnt storys, and several different versions of each story. Why is it that there are so may assumptions from one mans death?
    Well, share here, all the stories that you of heard of how he died, and what the cause was, then tell what you believe the real cause was.....

As for me, I thought about it, but it just makes no since to me......
    Here is what I think. Bruce got into a lot of fights, he got a lot of challenges from people. I am begining to think that Bruce could've been killed by a dim mak technique that took effect later and caused his death.

I mean, around the time when he was making Enter The Dragon, he was getting a whole lot of challenges. Whos to say one of those fighters didn't hit him with a deadly blow. If so, Bruce I'm sure still may have won the fight, however, that blow from the deadly technique would've still been there. I'm segguesting that this could've been a reason, Because of the internal damage caused by the technique.

Hmmmm..... What do you guys think about this one?
    Agree, dissagree, or is it possible?
    Also, tell what you think, or what you know about the situation?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Absolute hogwash.

He died from an allergic reaction to a drug he was taking for his hypertension and headaches, or as we would now call it ..... STRESS!

Sure - he probably abused his body in the pursuit of athletic excellence. He's not the 1st & won't be the last. But internal damage caused by some deadly secret blow?

Naaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

3. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

One theory is he died from eating too much cannabis. He apparently ate a lot of it in cookies thinking it was less harmful than smoking it, The report said his doctor had warned him against cannabis after a similar earlier attack. Its thought he was sensitive to the drug with being so fit and having such low body fat. Plus Chinese people in general are more sensitive to cannabis than westerners. Bruce was getting more stressed and was having more and more of the drug to counter the effects. Bruce said its not dangerous, Steve McQueen had got him into it and wouldn’t have done if it was dangerous!

Doctors we’re also accused of a cover up. Many Chinese doctors didn’t want to get involved at the time and the ones that did we’re allegedly encouraged not to put cannabis as the cause of death. Because that would have had a lot of social stigma attached to it, at the time in Hong Kong the official records showed no one had died from taking cannabis!

The report also said the legal drugs he was taking at the time we’re very commonly used and the allergic reaction to them was thought highly unlikely. The report stated there wasn’t a thorough inquest undertaken or even question the doctors that treated him at the time.

Anyway that’s a theory I read, sounded quite convincing, but I can’t say I’ve done much research on the subject.

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'm afraid such techniques do exist Dave. Whilst you had me in a ankle lock at the Eskrima seminar those weren't screams of pain coming from me, that was the Dim Mak 'Dragon Squeal of Death'. I'm afraid you have 40yrs left to live. :D

I'd heard it was an allergic reaction to aspirin, which is probably a simplified version of whats already been said.

Colin

5. morphus

morphus Doobrey

For goodness sake, there isn't any mystical deathtouch or anything like it, if there was in the past its been lost in the mists of time.
    As for the death of Bruce Lee, he died and left one big a*$ed legacy. Does it matter really how he died, what could be achieved from knowing "the truth" if there is one thats not known.

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

True, its kind of irrelevant how he died.

I believe if he hadn’t died, he wouldn’t be anywhere near as famous as he is now!

Might sound daft, but when he died, he created a myth a legend that no living person could ever live up to.

In a strange way its probably the best he could have done for martial arts.

7. Freeform

Yeah, he might be slightly more famous than Steven Segal :D

Col

8. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

There once was a man name of Bruce
    Who's thought kungfu should be more loose

He thought to impress
    That classical mess
    Had little or maybe no use.

Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee
    He could whoop your butt & make you pee.

Who else could be better than he
    He is the one who created JKD.

Went to bed with a whore
    The next day Bruce was no more.

ok i copied from somewhere :D but it echo's my sentiments
    -TkdWarrior-

9. Cain

Cain New Member

10. Cain

Cain New Member

Hmm...I also see a reason in yoda's post....a good reason if you wanna know then reply to this thread so that I will know it won't be dead.... :D
    |Cain|

11. wayofthedragon

It's true. There are kung-fu techniques that causes enternal damage:eek: Really :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

12. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

13. Cain

Cain New Member

Ok now lemme spill it out -
    Have u seen the change in Bruce Lee's physical condition in his movies? Here's what I noticed -

Fists of Fury a.k.a. Big Boss
    He seemed a little more like a bodybuilder a little more mass in his muscles.

Fist of Fury a.k.a. Chinese connecton
    Seemed to have lost weight and looked averagely built compared to his other movies.

Way of the dragon a.k.a. Return of the dragon
    Bruce Lee at his best,n not an inch of fat seen anywhere, all muscle.

Enter the dragon
    Here's where I think his problem started if you look at him closely he seemed to have lost a lot of weight and looked kinda skinny in his fight with the guards undergrouund

Game of death
    Don't know much guys I don't think I saw the real Bruce without his shirt :D

Conclusion
    By observing the change in his physical appearance in enter the dragon I agree with Yoda that stress was one of the factors that may have resulted in his death.
    |Cain|

14. Freeform

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

WOTD, you missquoted me!!!

Now suffer the Dim Mak 'Psychic Internet Energy Ball of Death'!!!! :D

Upon reading this post you have 57yrs to live!!! ;)

Colin

15. wayofthedragon

:eek:No Please don't do that to me.....I'm sorry:cry:
    I don't wanna die yet:Angel:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2002
  16. wayofthedragon

WOW!!!!!!!!! Excellent observation Cain...I never noticed.

17. movado

movado New Member

yeah.good point.to back up this claim of observation,i do in fact know that bruce was 5'7 140 at the time he did fists of fury aka"the big boss"and at the end of filming enter the dragon bruce was down to a gaunt 128 lbs!!!
    it was due to the extreme humidity,stressfull filming conditions and simply not taking the time to munch on enough protein packed snacks which he was accustomed to doing prior to the severely gruelling film project that etd was.

18. Yin and Yang

Yin and Yang Valued Member

Bruce Lee died while working on a new script, "The game of Death" with Raymond Chow. Supposedly the two went to meet Betty Tingpei who had the leading role in the film. They met at her house. Later during the day Bruce complained of a headache. Betty gave him a high powered asprin. After that Bruce only had soft drinks for the rest of the day. The three were going to go to dinner and meet George Lazenby at 7:30. Raymond Chow left, but Bruce wanted to lie down. Betty and Bruce were to go later. However two hours later, Lazenby returned to find Bruce still asleep. He could not wake him and called a doctor. The doctor came over and could not wake him. The doctor sent Bruce to a distant hospital instead of to one a few blocks away. The doctor later testified and said "I spent at least ten minutes trying to revive him. When he did not show any signs of improvement, it did not occur to me that the time was of great importance."

now what i want to know is what Betty was doing for 2 hours instead of meeting everyone at the dinner???????????Hmmmmm.

19. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

People, you're embarrasig me. Stop voting 'I agree' just for the hell of it!

20. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

July 20th

-Death by Misadventure: the mysterious life of Bruce Lee - the film that exposes the real cause behind Bruce Lee's death. With over 30 minutes of rare and unseen footage of Bruce Lee.
    (to be released this month)
    [​IMG]

July 20th, 2003 will mark the 30 years of Bruce Lee's death.
    I am sure there will be many sites up to commemorate his passing.

Hong Kong Legends Bruce Lee 30th Anniversary Set nice site
    ...a 6 disc set and you get uncut versions of The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, Way of the Dragon, and Game of Death. Also comes with a book. ... rumor says they are top notch productions.