british terms?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by southern jester, Jun 9, 2007.

1. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Outside of the prison colony you get arrested for doing that. :p :D

2. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

So thats why the yellow wiggle "retired" for health reasons :eek:

3. southern jester

southern jester New Member

if were just really jealous about the money issue then your are okay with us sending a pair of sleazy young blonds with no talent despite being rich? then again britney keeps tabloids in buisness and paris has talent in something from what i hear from those who seen her home video.

still you can have them. look how happy the english are with madonna! cant think of anything the brits did to warrant that. sorry for you. just not enough to want her back. btw. do you brits suffer the wiggles?

4. ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter Living the Dream

Can't say I've ever seen the Wiggles however there is, on Channel 4 I believe, a childrens program on in the morning that features two Ozzie men and women singing and dancing about and generally being annoying.

EDIT:

Just out of interest, have any Americans here visited Devon? Not Cornwall but Devon in the South-West of Angleland (original spelling)?

Apparently, from a few sources, we have a rather 'warm and friendly' accent.

Though if you came to Plymouth you would be set upon by a gang of youths immediatly shouting things such as 'init boh/bey/bah' and 'av' im!'

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  5. southern jester

would love to see england someday. heard the coastline of england is quite beautiful. never been anywhere except canada (very nice place) and mexico for vacation purposes. from my understanding there are travel packages that allow people to visit england, scotland and ireland. maybe will enjoy that opprotuinty in the future.

the wife really wants to do the tourist thing and see buckingham palace, take pictures of big ben and ride a boat on thames tour. has also mentioned seeing the stonehedge and lock ness sites. would rather meet interesting people and enjoy the scenery myself.

far as the accents can easily understand some brits while others seem to be speaking a different language. probably no different if they visited america as we have those northern and southern accents. my ky accent is so prominate that everybody seems to know exactly where i grew up.

6. ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter Living the Dream

If you come here you're guarenteed to meet interesting people...of that you can be sure.

7. southern jester

what is the exchange rate now between dollars and pounds?

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

It's currently about $2.03 to the pound.

9. southern jester

do you guys there in london really have a 'ripper walk'? this friend of mine who seems fascinated with the mystery of the whitechapel murders swears you offer such a thing.

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I don't know of it, but I'd be quite surprised if there isn't one.

Anything to make a bob or two off the tourists! ;) :D

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Themed walks are a big thing round historic cities,I went on a hilarious one in York ,the guy was a right comedian! They do them in my home city with the Pendle Witches theme. Sppppooooooooooky :D

12. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

There is a ripper walk which they do at about 6 am in the summer at least. When I went there last year they were showing it.

13. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

6 AM??

Strweth... :D

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I went on a hilarious one in York

There must be about 10 of those walks in York. Ghost, mystery, Haunted etc etc. It's a full on industry here.
    When I got married we became a novel addition to one when we went to the minster for photos. Bit un-nerving having 50+ strangers staring at you as you kiss your new missus. :love: