Boxing Champ KO's shooter.

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Kwajman, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

From todays newspaper....

Boxing champion pummels gunman

MONTERREY, Mexico (Reuters) - A Mexican boxing champion beat up a gunman who shot at him outside a gym in a crime-plagued city on the U.S. border.

Prosecutors in Ciudad Juarez said a man armed with two pistols shot at light-heavyweight champion Arturo "The Graduate" Rivera as he left the gym early on Monday.

Rivera, a stocky brawler with 16 knockouts from a 26-fight career and ranked 98th in the world, fought back with his fists and the attacker was treated in hospital for head injuries.

"The Graduate was unharmed in the attack, which we are treating as attempted murder, although we can find no motive," Mauro Conde, a spokesman for local prosecutor said.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

IMPOSSIBLE!

Boxing is just a SPORT and doesn't work on TEH STR33T :D

3. pug32

pug32 Valued Member

That boxer has a big set of plums :)

Perhaps if his contest opponents came in with a shooter he could push up his ranking a bit

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Dude must have been a crap shot to miss and get beaten down!

5. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Thats it! Thats irrefutable evidence that ALL martial arts (or at least boxing!) make you capable of defeating gunmen with your bare hands. Im going out now to start my career as a superhero and mop up all the scum in this town! I'll let you know how it goes...

6. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I just want to say 'ten out of ten' to Kwajman for the title of this thread.

Ought to send some of the MMA zealots into an apoplectic frenzy, before they actually read it. :p

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

LOL!

Made ME look :eek:

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

After I posted, I thought about that....oh well, maybe made a few more people take a look. I wouldn't recommend fighting a gunman tho eh?

9. Speed

Speed New Member

Story sounds hyped up. Was probably just a drunk junky that had the two pistols.

10. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

those bullets are in that guy somewhere. no way in hell can one man dodge a guy with two pistols. Unless he missed, and for that i laugh at him.... :woo: