Bought a new pair of gloves today!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Jamo2, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

And They're great. Now im guessing you all know me well enough to know what make i bought before i name it. And your right.
    I switched from my old pair of Title gloves....to a new pair of Title gloves :rolleyes:

I previously had these:
    TITLE Premier bag mitts

Which i had in a large. Now they looked stupidly big on me and to be honest, hurt my fricking hands. They were just a bit too big, started to effect my technique because of this and...because im not a big puncher, i didnt need the extra padding.

So i bought a pair of these:
    TITLE Yellow fitness gloves

And im severly impressed. I was a bit skeptic because of the "fitness" in the name. I was starting to think they'd not take the usual boxing beating and were designed for boxercise classes or something, but oh no, they stood their ground good and proper.
    With 8x3 minute rounds on the bags, and 3 rounds on the pads they still look brand new and the padding is unaffected(unlike my pro-box ones that started to gain dents after the first go.)
    So once again, my faith in Title remains unhindered, and you shalt all go out and buyeth a pair now, or let thy knuckles bleed until thy sun goes down.

2. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

Jamo, have you ever thought of asking TITLE for a job. I'm sure they could find you something in their marketing or sales department.

3. Jamo2

Lol, Maybe i should, i already look like im fricking sponsored by them.

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol :D You do love your Title gear don't you Jamo :D

The boxing club I go to have just recentally bought a few sets of Title gloves for students to use. You were the first thing that came into mind when I seen them :D I've still yet to try them out though!

5. Jamo2

Heh, see, im already associated with the word Title, im an advert....

And please tell me when you try them...see what you think.

6. creswell

creswell New Member

I also used to use the title heavy bag gloves, beautifully made, but I too thought they were a little too padded. Great for the heavy bag, but a touch too cumbersome for pad work.

I now work with twins bag gloves and fairtex for sparring. No particular preference just what I happened to buy at the time. I personally think as long as the bag glove is leather and of good quality.....then it doesnt really matter.

7. TNT Tommy

TNT Tommy New Member

I've never owned Title equipment, I only use Fairtex and/or Twins like Cresswell. I have several pairs of Fairtex bag gloves, sparring and fight gloves and several pairs of Twins fight gloves.

These are the gloves I fight with.

TNT Tommy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  8. sauron18

sauron18 New Member

Can you help me out, I was looking for some bag gloves and found that some people use the Ring Side super bag glove and the Top Contender bag glove wich is 15 bucks cheaper, but i like more the RG version and i'm going to buy the Evergel EverGel Glove Wraps.

For now i think to get the Ring Side and the EverGel glove wraps any sugestions? I'm a beginner so help me out and how do i know my hand size? I'm 5"10 i think i'm medium size.

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I have a very similar pair of gloves, and I love them :D They're still as good as new after all the beatings they've taken (and given :D )

10. Hades

Hades the deskjob boxer

I just use my fight gloves on the heavy bag..

They're 12oz Everlast black Queen boxing gloves.

A lot of people use bag-gloves, but I prefer the heavier gloves. This way I get used to them even better, and well, my hands are heavier --> more resistance -->> better results.

Anyone think this is wrong??

11. Jamo2

Your a beginner so at the moment gloves arent a big issue, not being a heavy hitter an all. Just look for a reliable make like, ive never heard of ringside so i dont know, But if you want your gloves to last then be prepared to shell out some good money.

12. sauron18

sauron18 New Member

13. TNT Tommy

TNT Tommy New Member

These are the gloves I spar with.

Attached Files:

14. TNT Tommy

TNT Tommy New Member

That's why I bought Fairtex. They take a beating and stand up real well :D

TNT Tommy :woo:

15. TNT Tommy

TNT Tommy New Member

These are my favorite gloves to wear.......I get lots of comments on these and everybody wants to know where I got them.

Attached Files:

16. Jamo2

Yer look good to me. Look a lot like sparring gloves and a bit too hefty for a first pair of bag gloves, but if your willing to spend that money then go for it, look like theyll last a while.

17. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Noo! :) The flame gloves are so cheesy! :D

18. Hades

Hades the deskjob boxer

Holy Cows! How I would love to beat up someone with one of those!! :eek: :D

Where'd you get them? :D

19. TNT Tommy

TNT Tommy New Member

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  20. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!