Bodywork method

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by ElephantMan, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ElephantMan

ElephantMan Valued Member

hi guys

as an introduction I´m happy to post my first question.

I was browsing around and found these guys
    http://www.senmoticblue.de/senmotic_blue_eng.php

anyone heared of that method. do they also have branches in the states? Any experiences with that system or similar stuff as it sound quite interesting.

looking forward to your replys

Holla
    EM

oh I forgot
    seems like they also have a martial art called "red".
    Any Infos on that?

2. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

A ten session treatment plan in order to correct posture sounds a lot like Rolfing to me. Perhaps senmotic is someone's take on the Rolfing technique.

paz,

dormindo

3. ElephantMan

thanks for the quick answer mate

doing some research i found that there are some methods using this 10 session routine like rolfing, hellerworks, rebalancing, soma and so on.

they all claim and even appear to be different in what they do. so senmotic might be another relative of the same family.

just read good things about this kind of treatment so far though...

after all these senmotic guys seem to be the only branch of the family with a strong relationship to martial arts. that makes it interesting in some way to me..

hoping for more comments

bye
    EM

4. dormindo

If my memory serves me correctly, the founder of Hellerwork was a Rolfer (as are the founders of numerous and diverse techniques as Myoskeletal Assessment Technique, Anatomy Trains and others whose names I can't recall right now). I understand that a number of Rolfers have worked on athletes of various backgrounds. Still, could be a good thing that this group you're looking at is tied specifically to martial artists.

paz,

dormindo

5. ElephantMan

As I followed the link to the .eu domain (seems to be the main site) I saw that they also work with dancers, artists and so on. So it could be right what you say dormindo.

Well in general it looks quite interesting to me.

6. dormindo

Good luck to you!

paz,

dormindo

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You don't work for them by any chance?

8. ElephantMan

No, but would like to work with them.

But since they don´t have any branch next to my place I will have to try out one of the other methods....even if there isn´t any martial arts link.

oh, now I get it :)
    Didn´t read right :hat:
    No "I" dont work FOR them :D lol
    sorry

9. Moi

Now both meters are in the red. Must need recalibrating, I'll get right on it.

Attached Files:

10. ElephantMan

11. Moi

It looks very suspicious as all but one of your posts have been in this thread advertising the Bodywork Method. Why don't you introduce yourself in an intro thread so we can get to know you?

12. ElephantMan

excuse moi for beeing more interested in things I don´t know than in the things I know (me).

Intro is up now.

hope that eases your mind ;)

13. Moi

I'll sleep like a baby tonight. Welcome!

14. ElephantMan

so I can skip helping an old granny crossing the street today since I already did my "good" job up here :)

But leaving this behind and gettin back to topic

Is there anyone who has some experience in these bodywork methods and is willing to give us some info?

Benefits in general and regarding martial arts...

Please hit the keys :hat:

15. Moi

Not sure of the specifics of this one but if it's to do with manipulation and correct alignment then I'm a believer in the techniques.

16. ElephantMan

ever had any "session" yourself? personal experiences?

17. Moi

I haven't used one. My son had quite a lot of work when he was 10 due to an injury. Receiving the treatment was like a miracle for him.
    My wife has had quite a bit of work due to a back injury after a fall. Again now recovered she is trying to get back to full fitness. 3 years out took it's toll.

In all we've seen 3. One I would describe as hard manipulation, one incredibly soft and one somewhere in the middle. My wife prefers the soft.