Bobs and Bags with Legs

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mitch, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I have a heavy bag at home, but have been thinking about getting one of the Century bags with legs/arms. see the pics below. I want to be able to play with gripping and moving limbs, and also some sweeps/throws.

Has anyone used one of these? What are your thoughts/experiences? Cheers all :) 10186K_1.jpg 10185_1.jpg 101694_1.jpg

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I used some old belts plaited together to make arms for my 6ft hanging bag.
    Really adds other dimensions as it opens up gripping, limb control, grabs, attached hitting, etc. You can also do some throw entries.
    And when striking you have to be careful not to hit the knots so it adds targeting considerations too!

3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

We (my club) have 1 of the middle ones, (the Century Versys 2) which we use for sweeps, takedowns and throwing drills.

It is of most use to the bigger kids (pre-teens) and the smaller adult females, due to it's size and weight, but can be used by just about anyone, of any size. I personally found the arms to be a bit more of a hindrance than they are an asset, based on their placement, size, and lack of mobility (especially as far as limb clearing drills are concerned.)

Bottom line: If it's foot sweeps, reaping techniques, hip throws etc... that you are after, than it does that job well enough. (Plus is pretty good for striking)

Travess

Mitch likes this.
  4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

The first one my club had. And its a great bit of kit. Low leg kicks inside and out feel way more accurate and natural in regards to body positioning and impact position.
    However they got rid of them because of 1 those bags could pay for 2 or 3 normal (decent) punchbags.

axelb and Mitch like this.