BFHS at SENI04

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Rob Lovett, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

Just thought I better let you guys know that we will be displaying under the BFHS group at SENI again this year. If you are there and interested in finding out more about Historical and Western MA then you could do no worse than look us up :)

Regards
    Rob

2. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Hi Rob....

Keep us posted on your display and how the event went!!!

Louie

3. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

It seems like an age ago, but it is just over two weeks, the BFHS were displaying at SENI04. The BFHS was represented by four groups, three of which actually displayed. The groups present were:

Linacre School of Defense
    Schoole of the Sword
    MacDonald Academy etc
    The Exiles

The displays were well recieved with examples of medieval dagger, medieval cut and thrust sword (both single and two handed), rapier, small sword, single stick and 18th century pugilism and chancery displayed at various times througout the weekend. The displays were well received with many people being inspired to ask more at the stand.

I will hopefully be able to attach some pictures soon to this thread.

On a personal note, it was great meeting some of the friends that I had made from last year's Seni and even having the chance to practise with some of them, such as Bob Breen, who gave a free workshop, if you get a chance train with this guy, Pat O'Malley, Jamie O'Keefe, practitioner's of Gatka, and the chance to spar and practise with some practitioners of Kenjutsu from Birmingham, very enlightening and inspiring.

Already I am looking forward to next year's Seni.

Regards
    Rob

4. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Hi Rob,

Glad to hear the display was a success, it would be interesting to hear some feedback from anyone who watched the action!

Looking forward to seeing them!

I've trained with Pat (and John Harvey) under Rapid Arnis, wouldn't mind the opportunity of training with Bob & Jamie (Not to mention a few of those here in MAP).... :D

Louie

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Seni was great

The guys done excellent at Seni, hope they did not see me getting hit in the gonads at the padded stick event though Doh!

All I can say to them is that Seciruty Guard that would not let you out was a bit of a W^!*&R, but soon sorted him out.

After you guys left he decided not to let me back in, untill I threatened to kick the door down that is hehehehehe.

See you guys at nexts years Seni hopefully.

Also book your selve a Free workshop there and teach a few punters the real WMA stuff. I will be teaching again too, probably on both days this time.

All the best

Pat

P.S. it was also nice to have the stand opposite you too. :woo:

6. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

Hi Pat,

It was great having a stand opposite you :). Our little chats helped the weekend fly past :).

That security guy was a real jobsworth - what a nob! What surprises me is that no one planted one on him, I felt like it, that is why I moved away from him, I was starting to give into the urge. Anyway thanks for the support :)

I will be considering this for next year. Workshop that is :)

Regards and take care
    Rob