Best quotes from movies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by kobudo_tob, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Bhattman

Bhattman Valued Member

'They may take our lives but they'll neverr take our freedom'
    Mel Gibson (William Wallace) - Braveheart

2. Black Dog

Black Dog Expressionist

I love the kind of woman who can kick my ass.
    -Spike
    (Knockin' on Heaven's Door)

3. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

Suicide Squad Leader: We are the Judean People's Front crack suicide squad! Suicide squad, attack!
    [they all stab themselves]
    Suicide Squad Leader: That showed 'em, huh? :D lol :love:

4. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

"Would you please remove any metallic items you may be carrying: keys, loose change (Neo opens his coat and reveals about a dozen different guns strapped to him)......... HOLY ****!"

-The Matrix

"Oren Ishii! You and I have unfinished business!"

-Kill Bill (Way cooler in Japanese, but I don't know Japanese, so one must settle for boring ol' English)

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  5. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

I forgot LOTR! :eek:

Galadriel: "All shall love me and despair"

and (pure cheeze :rolleyes: )

Lord of the Nazgul: "You fool, no man can kill me. Die now"
    Eowyn: "I am no man"

;)

6. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

how could I have forgotten Monty ??????

"I fart in your general Direction"

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

7. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

Favorite Quote from a movie

Nurse: He's crazy too.

Attendant:They're all crazy..They're all crazy but you and me, and sometimes
    I've me doubts about you.

Nurse: Yes.

Dracula
    Universal Pictures 1943

8. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

One of my fave phrase from a movie is when Alyson Hannigans character in 'American Pie' gives her 'This one time at band camp...' line. It's currently my ring tone! You should see the looks I get when I'm out and about. :p :p

9. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

You missed out

Ted Striker: coming in low is part of every text book landing.

10. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

"What's that?"
    "Haha, this Sol, is a shotgun."
    "It's a <<edit>> anti-aircraft gun Vincent!" - Sol - Snatch

I love that whole sequence with the three of them in the car, it's full of really funny lines, but this one in particular always makes me laugh! :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2005
  11. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

From apocalypse now

Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning...... it smells like victory.

The whole scene starting with the attack helicopters coming into the village blaring out The Ride of the Valkyries, right up to the surfers attempting to do a formation whilse dodging shells.

In fact the whole film is brilliant from beggining to end I might watch it again tonight.

12. Kimbie

Kimbie New Member

"There must be more to life that being really really really ridiculously good-looking and i plan on finding out what that is." -Zoolander

13. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

That is a good but over mentioned quote...

My response?

...but then again, neither does your opponent if you break him on first hit like a board.

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  14. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

From 'As Good As it Gets':

---------------------------
    Melvin Udall(Jack):

"When I see a woman, I think of a Man, then I take away reason and accountability."

Melvin Udall: Don't be pessimistic, it's not your style. Anyway, here goes: I've got this, what, ailment. Now, my doctor, this shrink I used to go to all the time, says that in fifty to sixty percent of cases, a pill really helps. I HATE pills, hate them. I'm using the word "hate" about pills. Anyway, my compliment to you is the night after you came over and said that you would never... well, you were there, you know what you said. Anyway, the very next morning, I started taking the pills.
    Carol Connelly: I don't quite get how that's a compliment for me.
    Melvin Udall: You make me want to be a better man.

Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay? Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint. Even then, don't come knocking. Or, if it's election night, and you're excited and you wanna celebrate because some fudgepacker that you date has been elected the first queer president of the United States and he's going to have you down to Camp David, and you want someone to share the moment with. Even then, don't knock. Not on this door. Not for ANY reason. Do you get me, sweetheart?

Melvin Udall: Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Simon Bishop: Thank you, Melvin. You overwhelm me.
    [pauses]
    Simon Bishop: I love you.
    Melvin Udall: I tell you, buddy... I'd be the luckiest man alive if that did it for me.

15. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Colonel Nathan Jessep on the Stand
    written by Aaron Sorkin

Jessep (Jack Nicholson): You want answers?
    Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
    Jessep: You want answers?
    Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
    We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
    Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
    Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
    Jessep: You're goddamn right I did!!

16. Another Muay Thai Guy

Just a quick off topic question here to elhiggito>This was the first post in this thread, and yet my post was edited for being less explicit than this? I only used the '*s' because I saw the opening post and thought it may have been wavered for this thread. (Note: I am not trying to cause trouble or make a smart comment, I am just explaining why my post was the way it was and wondered why it had been edited when the quoted post hadnt :Angel: ). Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2005
  17. Scotty Dog

I let the 1st one go but posted this as the thread progressed, in future if you have any questions about the moderation of a thread, please feel free to PM me :D

18. Another Muay Thai Guy

Okay, I was just wondering, thanks for the reply. And I will use PM in future. Feel free to delete my post if you want. :)

19. Scotty Dog

frett not :D

back on topic

"its not easy being green"

:D Kermit the frog, The Muppet Movie :D

20. Jackie Li

Jackie Li Valued Member

"I only have two things in this world, my balls and my word, and i don't break neither for nobody!"

Scarface

JL