best places to nap at work

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by LoChu, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

Yeah the school library was a great place to nap. go into one of the back cubicals and sleep during study hall. use the bell as your alarm clock. i did that for a whole semester when I had 3rd period off

2. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

3 beds to take naps :eek: I want a job there :D

3. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Why do I picture being a foot rest of some sort :(

4. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Umm at my job.....no where :cry:

5. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Not even in your car?? That was the only reason I bought a car so that I had some place to sleep when I was bored with work. :D Of course I should have just gotten a sleeping bag as they don't tend to cost £7k... :confused:

6. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Ive never fallen asleep at work - but ive had hiding places.

When i worked at matalan when i younger i used to have a break under the stairs with all the towels in the store room.

I used to work as an engineer, i used to just chill in the toilet cubical until some dirty ******* started wiping his bogies on the wall :rolleyes:

7. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

When I worked in the restaurant we used to have this play pen, basically you had to lift your kids over the panel which is about waist height to get them in, no gates and its solid. Bloody brilliant place.

In fact restaurants have great hiding places, dry store, cellar, chiller, walk in freezer when some git doesn't know you're in there and slams the door, kids tube slide. And the 80 bedroomed hotel attached to the one I used to run wasn't bad either :rolleyes:

8. Chimpcheng

When I worked at a supermarket me and the lads discovered a part of the shop that wasn't covered by the CCTV. There we were able to mess around, eat and drink things that had accidentally become damaged and generally get up to all kinds of non-work tomfoolery. :D

9. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

LoL the best places for me to nap are apparently at my desk, and in meetings. I fall asleep at my desk with relative frequency - sometimes I even pull one like Victoria's friend - just pull my chair back, put my feet up and zonk out!

I also fall asleep in meetings quite frequently! Engineering meetings are bloody boring and I never get enough sleep, so I get in the room and they start talking about schedules, and linear regulators and I start nodding off. Some colleagues took a picture of me sleeping during a vendor presentation. I was pretty well passed out. I should get my friend to email it to me - I'd post it up without a doubt.

Anyways!

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

The beds arent officially to take naps in, and the matresses are pretty uncomfortable too! Not that I have tried lying on them or anything! :D
    At least I can nap in style- In a bed Oliver Cromwell reputedly slept in too! :D

11. Chimpcheng

:eek: I can only think of one other thing that you must be doing in these beds... :eek:

12. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

LMAO!!! Was thinking the same thing, plus I know how to make it so the bed is comfortable :p :D

13. Chimpcheng

Yup, I was thinking that she must be lying on them with at least 2 or 3 pillows proping up her upper body so that she can read copies of Frank Cho's "Liberty Meadows". :Angel:

14. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Yeah so was I :Angel: Damn scary :eek:

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hahahaha!
    Apparently they are museum pieces so Im not meant to sleep in them, they are for people to "look at"! :eek: :eek:

16. Chimpcheng

Why would I go to a museum place to look at a bed? Surely I can go to Barker and Stonehouse and see them for free..? :confused: ;)

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

These arent any old beds though! One in particular is a very fine example of 16th Century Oak carving and is a tester bed,rather than a 4 poster bed,there is often much confusion between the 2 but distinct differences. :)

18. Chimpcheng

Yes Looby. That's a very exciting fact... :rolleyes:

19. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Shhhh! Some people (not me) find furniture VERY interesting.I think I should probably find it more interesting than I do. :eek:

20. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Oh dear Panda, your credibility is going down. Say something popular quick.