best places to nap at work

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by LoChu, Apr 10, 2007.

1. LoChu

LoChu Valued Member

If you read my thread about late birds you know I need to nap. So here are possibilities: my car, bathroom stall, cafeteria. The latter is the most practical because I can try to doze off after lunch. But given the american stigma against napping and late birds, it might be a bad idea.

2. Lily

Lily Valued Member

LoChu - I just book a private meeting room and have 'meetings' with my friends, practice my JJJ, have naps etc. Haven't done it for about a year but its an option.

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I tell everyone to go screw themselves and go sleep in the cool room.

Chefs get up to some naughty things in there, so check your food :p.

4. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

At my last work place there was a nice little area in the freezer room under a bench where the ciculating tumour cells work station was and surrounded by boxes. Awesome for hiding and making phone calls to gain alternate employ. I thought about napping there, but being a lab there might have been a risk of not waking up again... EVER! :eek:

5. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Chimp, god you're cute. :love:

6. Chimpcheng

I know, it's a curse sometimes. I try to get by a day at a time... *sigh*

7. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

We have a corner room with a sofa that is not usually being used on the weekends. good palce to grab a cat nap. I have actually passed out on that sofa before

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I have no problem napping, we have 3 beds here at work! :p And my desk is very cosy, and many rooms where noone would think to come and look for me :D

9. NaughtyKnight

Su. Your Panda seems to be raving to my tunes. Kinda distracting :p.

10. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

An ex colleague of mine was sacked for sleeping at his desk. He didn't hide it either, literally pulled up a chair, stuck his feet up on the desk, laid back and snoozed. He wasn't in the next day :rolleyes:

11. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

LOL, I fell asleep at work one night after about 30 strait hours of partying. Someone took a photo of me sleeping and hung it up in the kitchen area. Lucky I did not get fired for it.

12. Chimpcheng

At university I forced myself to go to the library to revise for exams as I stupidly brought my Nintendo with me and it was a major source of distraction.

Anyway, more often than not I've fallen asleep in the library only to be woken up by the library people laughing at me... :eek:

13. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

To fall asleep in a library requires you to be there, I'm shocked but very impressed with such dedication Nobby. I'd have never thought... :D

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I could do with a nap now actually.Hmmm now where is my housekeeper ,I need her to go make my bed up ready :D

15. Chimpcheng

Now now Wonky, my napping in the library got me a Masters with Distinction. :D

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I must admit,I dozed off in the library doing my masters too, it was the comfy chairs hidden in the deep dark depths of the library that did it!

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ooooooooooooh a sofa seems to have appeared in our staff room ,oddly! Looks perfect for napping on :D

18. Chimpcheng

Don't do it, you might wake up with a kidney missing! (Lilo ;) )

My mate used to work at the QE hospital as an auxillary nurse and they had a room for sleeping in when on duty during quiet periods. Anyway, the room was haunted and staff had voiced concern over things moving around in the room. My friend claimed that the bed he was on felt like it was being tugged by some invisible force... :eek: :cry:

19. NaughtyKnight

Too bad it was only the BED getting tugged by an invisible force....

:p

20. Lily

Lily Valued Member

If anyone wants to sleep under my desk, they're welcome.