BeHop - Stevenson

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by belltoller, May 30, 2014.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Since we be a-hypo-thet-ticatin' regarding Canelo vs Lara, one of you industrious lads should start a similar-veined Hopkins vs Stevenson thread as it looks like it will be those two to bring the WBC into the fold.

Only stipulation being, as Kovalav is both a foregone conclusion and a moot case with regards to either fighter, lets leave the “should'ves” for another thread.

One would have simply declared the affair a done-deal but after re-watching the entire Stevenson-Fonfara fight with both eyes on the monitor, I'm giving the fight far more even odds than I would have otherwise – i.e., I don't think Stevenson the shoe-in that I previously thought.

Thoughts, opinions, predictions ?

2. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Hopkins is a lot more tricky, dirty but sneaky about it and is certainly the veteran in the fight. The biggest problem I see is output. Thinking back at most Hopkins fights, even going back to when he lost to Taylor @ MW twice (once I think he won, but whatever) he lost because his output isn't high enough to often match his opponents. Calzaghe, even the Pascal robbery was because of the output I think. Hopkins also seems to have little power left at the weight, so he really has nothing to stop Stevenson with. I think Hopkins will try to hit and then evade all night in a boring fight with Hopkins taking 1-3 knockdowns through the fight. Stevenson UD 12.

Last edited: May 30, 2014