Ban List

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Slindsay, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

oh yeah, he's gone and set up his own forum with his pal Visage, where they can both be Kings. Let them talk amongst themselves...

I can see it now:

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

That means I am on the ignore list of someone who is banned!!! Jeeeeez do I feel isolated.

WEll............nope.

regards koyo

3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I thought that Brabus reminded me a lot of The Punisher, but I assumed that he'd be clever enough not to give us the BIG HINT that he was German.

Er, why did I assume that? :confused: :eek: :D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  4. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Yeah right, it was in the pipeline all along.

My ass it was, you just stole my idea and pretended it was your own novel creation.

Ever considered a career in academia? You've got real potential. :D

5. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

can we have TKDninja1 back please, he was amusing

of all the 15 year old masters in all the world he was the best :D

6. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

what did taiji butterfly get banned for? :confused:

7. jkzorya

being an idiot

8. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

The reason that such a list did not exist is to prevent discussion such as this. If people get banned, that is between them and the MAP staff, and they deserve the right not to get dragged through the mud in a forum where they cannot defend themselves. Contrary to popular belief, we do not ban a lot of people at every whim. If somebody gets banned, it's after careful consideration and discussion, so it's not to be taken lightly.

9. jkzorya

Sorry Sandus, but he has done it to me and made enough personal attacks to warrant a bit of righteous anger. Two wrongs don't make a right though and I apologise.

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Did he say that animals didn't have Chi power? :D

11. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

No, he said that thro4t strikes were th3 d34dly

:p

12. jkzorya

No, I did. :)

The thread posed a rhetorical question to point out that if qigong practitioners want to be more like animals, they need do nothing more than run around a bit, have the odd stretch and yawn and do plenty of playfighting, rather than trying to become immortal with weird breathing exercises and visualisations said to emulate animals. I was trying to shed light an area of conceptual inconsistency.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  13. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I agree with Sandus....It is immoral and cowardly to talk about people who have no way to respond. I think this thread has no purpose and should be closed.

14. jkzorya

Point taken Carys, I'm neither of those things, and am looking forward to coming face to face with certain people one day, but for your sake I'll say no more.

15. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

ok ladies, step away from the post button ... unless you want me to pull in the ban stick???

16. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

*chirp

*chirp

*chirp

the sound of crickets in this thread. :p

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Do crickets cultivate chi when they rub their legs together then? :)

18. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Actually, it's a method of communication called stridulation, it's the same deal as when you run a stick over metal fences, that kinda thingy.

-science is your friend-

19. Libraquan

Libraquan Tenacious Member

Sgt_Major and Sandus,

I would ask that you not lock this thread until more Mappers have had a chance to read and digest it.

Thanks,
    LQ

20. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Sorry LQ, its being locked. Its going to descend into a cat fight and its way off topic now. Locked threads don't get moved though, so it will still be here.

To summarise

1) Public ban list is being worked on.
    2) If you have queries on a banning, PM a GM or Admin.
    3) Don't be gutless and talk about people when they can't defend themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.