Ban List

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Slindsay, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Can we get a ban list or something running here on MAP? I'm tired of seeing people with the word banned replacing there little whatchamacallit next to there avatar and then having to go through all their previous posts to dig out the one they got banned for.

It would be nice if we could just have a list of people who got banned, how long they are banned for, the T.O.S. they violated and a quick link to the offending post or thread it was made in. It would stop some of the "OMG why was he banned?" Threads and it would make it easier to read some of the drama (And lets face it, drama's half the reason we post here anyway :D ).

Oh yeah, also, whay was Visage banned? :p

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

:ban: plz

3. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

4. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

He refused to accept the Great Squid as his lord and master.

Oh ____! :bang: Too early to make that announcement, right?

5. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Gah, they banned brabus too. Please don't take away all our play things. :cry: Wait a minute, I could always go play with a bike. ;) :D

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

wow... didn't know visage got banned.

I saw that thing Brabus had... but I figure he'd typed that in there himself to be cute. I think we needed Brabus simply to try to contain and the gun toting zealously and bleeding of red, white and blue the Mr. Wesson does in the gun control threads. :D Even if... Brabus had no clue what he was on about. :p

7. Yin-Yang Boxer

Yin-Yang Boxer Banned Banned

Visage is only banned until Monday, I believe.

I spoke to him last night, and apparently he made a personal attack at someone here.

8. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Has brabus bin binned?? :D

9. slipthejab

*gasp... why I never... :p

10. Yin-Yang Boxer

Lol, I gave him a good ribbing about it. Now he's threatened to make me do loads of horse stance training in my next lesson :( Never tease your teacher lol.

11. slipthejab

err... Brabus is your teacher? :confused:
    The one who posted so much pap in the gun control threads? :confused:

I thought he was some highschool kid from Germany. :p

12. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Visage I think, not Brabus, but I may have read it wrong.

13. slipthejab

ahh right. LOL! :D
    That'd make more sense by far.

14. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I spoke to Visage yesterday as he was beating me up in training....from what he said he deserves to be on the naughty step...and recieve a damm good thrashing....which I step forward and volunteer to do on behalf of MAP. :cool:

15. Yin-Yang Boxer

Yeah, Visage lol

And Carys, I understand from James that you're coming on nicely :) Congrats and keep up the hard work :cool:

16. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Who da hell are you??

I thought I knew all Visage's cronies!!

Talking about me is he...I'll have to throw him into the thorny bushes....

AGAIN!!

pmsl

17. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

Come on Carys - do you not recognise the copious use of smilies?

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Actually, a public ban list is very much in the pipeline... so much so that all thats stopping it is the fact I can't get a few lines of code working.

As you can see, its not quite there yet :D

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showbans.php

When that does happen, you should be able to see exactly why someone is banned and how long for.

The only issue we have at the moment is there's no way of telling if someone is permenentaly banned or temp banned from their user status. This is a downside of the new temp ban system, but the fact it automatically lifts the ban outweights this downside (I'm sure anyone who's been sin binned in the past would agree)

In the meantime, if you want to know why someone's banned, feel free to PM an Admin or Global Mod and they'll be happy to explain.

19. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Oh yeah.. Brabus has been permenantly banned.

He was a previously banned member. See if you can guess who. Here's some clues.

1) He was German.
    2) He hated Slipthejab.
    3) He hated America.
    4) He whined excessively.

20. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :saz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.