bad judge call?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by raaeoh, Oct 19, 2014.

1. itf-taekwondo

itf-taekwondo Banned Banned

Either way I pay it all myself. I wonder though if the assistant coach asking me originally as if the expenses were trivial. Didn't even go by the cost of it.

Did he figure I was rich or what?

2. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

I almost spit my coffee!

3. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

sadly If all that you have claimed is true I do. or someone has photos of an unfortunate event. Just my opinion, but you are a LIAR! or the child of a politician LIAR. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

When you run a team, the main thing you think about is budget. Even the Olympic teams are given a budget. So when you get asked by a team to join them over at a National level comp... possibly as a competitor...its business.

Hence why the doubt and clarification needed

5. itf-taekwondo

I have never been asked to join as a competitor. Were did you get this from?

This national team pay their own expenses for most of the travel. I have never told any lies. They did approve of me because of good relations and the fact that there is no hiearchy.

6. itf-taekwondo

There was never any clarification needed. It's none of your business where I am from and who I specifically travel with.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Yet you make it everyone's business by posting it all over the net.......

You failed that logic degree didnt you?

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

First of....slow your roll.

The last few pages of this thread has been attempting to clarify ...nay..justification of your trip.
    You have given contradicting information, post after post.. I'm simply laying out how things (generally) work.

9. itf-taekwondo

#The point# - original intention - was not to go simply because of spending time with the team. I would like to spar with them but that would be it.

Furthermore: I am concidering rejecting traveling with them because of the other activities and that it costs me more money. That is to say that I might change my mind. This is not a contradiction but perhaps I did not make it clear.

I did however goof on the date of the actual event. It read 2014 on the website. This event is of course in 2015 and I seemed to be right in the first place it is indeed in May of that year.

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Just for clarity, and as you have edited some posts.

You said:

To which I replied:

You came back with the following...the bold done by me for effect.

You go on to say:

But how can you sightsee if you'll never be away from the team? You'll be bound by their schedule, surely.

I also thought the point was to attend meeting, briefings, training session etc, as indicated above.

It is though only fair that you back up your claim that you are travelling with and training along side a national team in a major competition.

If the above is incorrect then you are just trolling, which is against the ToS you agreed to when you joined MAP.

It's my job to make sure this isn't the case. If I am wrong, your claims are correct and you can prove them, I will be more than happy to apologise.

So please clarify the above.

You fully expect to be able to travel to Italy on your own (or with a friend), take part in all the usual tourist activities, then expect to be able to spar with members of the national team during their preparation for a major tournament?

Again bear in mind the statement below.

If the assistant coach is the coach at your class, then are they providing any of the team members?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  11. itf-taekwondo

What I want out of the trip and what I will likely get is not the same.

The main coach forewarned me that while I will do everything with the team, it would require me to take an interest in these various activities.

Even if I claim to be interested now, it's not at all sure I will find it enjoyable (entirely) with them over there. This has been giving me second thoughts.

This national team I am referring to are a part of the same (my) club. Then there is a separate national team also competing, if I understood things right).

ITF politics is very complicated, as I am slowly but surely learning.

12. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I thought you wanted to get in some sparring, so is this now not the case?

If it's true that you'll take part in all activities, which I don't believe, I'd have thought this should be a fantastic opportunity.

Why would you not want an insight into team affairs? After all, you're the one desperate to be a black belt and see what being at that level involves.

What do you mean "even if I claim to be interested"?

A few posts ago you were dead keen on going and it had all been settled with the team coaches.

So why can't you spar these guys now if they're part of the same club?

Two national teams?

Seems you haven't been having these discussions and if you have you haven't asked logical questions.

13. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Why does my head hurt?

Baza