Back to action

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by firetripper, Mar 16, 2007.

1. firetripper

firetripper Valued Member

Hi, Ive been around MAP for a long time but lately been away due to moving house and my partner having a baby, Say hello to Charlie... my 5 month old son everyone!!

My names Phil, live on the Wirral (Merseyside), been doing various martial arts for about 11 years (on and off over last 2/3 tho). Now tho i've decided to get back in the action.
    Ive trained under many good instructors. Judo just Sensei Pete Jones (local instructor whose been around forever (Ryu-Shihai), Tae-Kwondo; Mr Paul Woods and Mr Mark Woods, both very dedicated TKD artists, Mr Richie Saunders for a few months till i had to stop due to baby things. Jui Jitsu with Hanshi Joe Luna-Cantos of Ishin-Ryu, A highly skilled and very dynamic instructor, imo he's proberly one of the closest things to Sensei Jeremy Corbell of Quantum Jui Jitsu from the US.

Anyway, i'll stop boring you all now! looking forward to being more involved.

Anyone from my area, i'd appreciate a PM as i'm looking for somewhere to train possibly!

Regards
    Phil

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP! Enjoy your stay!

I used to do Iaido with Sensei Luna-Cantos, I had to stop due to work/study commitments and injury, I'm hoping to start it up again at some point in the near future.

What sort of arts are you looking to study - there's a great selection on the Wirral.

Oh, and Hi Charlie!

3. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Hiya, welcome back to MAP!

4. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

hi phil and charlie! ;)

5. FONB

FONB Banned Banned

Hello, Firetripper welcome to the threads!

6. firetripper

Hey all and thanks alot!

Hey Frodoc.... I'm not sure what to train at the mo, i'm probs still going to do my judo @ manor road in Hoylake, but i speak to Lee Charles of Black Dragon MA now and again so going up to one of his clubs is a possibility, he does sport karate/Wushu/Kick boxing. I'd love to carry on with Richie Saunders for the Taekwondo but i cant fit my time to his classes. Do you have any suggestions???????
    Where do you train ATM?

Regards to all

Phil

7. Frodocious

I currently do ninjutsu (bujinkan budo taijutsu) at Byrne Avenue in Rock Ferry on a Wednesday night. I also was doing capoeira in Kensington in Liverpool and Iaido in Wallasey but haven't been to either of these in a while. If you're interested in any of these let me know.

Gladiators gym on Laird street is apparently fairly good for kickboxing / thai boxing if that interests you and there are a couple of good Aikido instructors around as well.

8. firetripper

Thanks, who teaches the bujinkan? ive always wanted to go to one of Brin Morgans seminars!

9. Frodocious

I'm lucky, Brin Morgan is my instructor! He's running a weekend seminar at the end of May if you're interested (I think its going to be somewhere in Barnston). Let me know and as soon as I get some more details I can let you know

If you fancy trying out a class just turn up at Byrne Avenue Recreation Centre at 8pm on a Wednesday. The classes are really small so you get excellent coaching (there were only 2 of us last week!).

10. manchesterdojo

manchesterdojo Valued Member

There's also a Brin Morgan seminar in Manchester on 24th & 25th March in Manchester if you can make it at such short notice. Have a look at www.bujinkanmanchester.co.uk for more details.

11. firetripper

Thanks Mandojo',

Frodoc' that sounds good! May see if i can get down this week, who is the instructor?

How much is the class, Black Gi, White Gi or Judo Gi, lesson time is 8 till ??

Cheers
    Phil

12. Frodocious

As far as I know, Brin will be taking the class this week - he normally does.

The cost is £4 and the class lasts 1.5hrs (8-9.30pm).

You don't need a gi (the ones we wear are black), but if you have one you can wear it. Some of us train in gi, some train in tracksuits, some train in jeans.

13. firetripper

Ok cool, if i can get a babysitter to start on wednesday i'll be there! Whats your name by the way.. you can pm it if you wish

14. 14 Kempo

14 Kempo Valued Member

Hello Phil, hiya Charlie, welcome to MAP ... happy posting!