AxelB's running, lifting and kicking log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by axelb, Sep 26, 2017.

1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu Supporter

Thursday

Didn't feel much better or much worse. I had time for a nap at lunchtime, so took advantage, which was definitely needed.

evening
    BJJ - 1 hour

Went through the same takedown drill as Tuesday. This was a great opportunity for me to refine the takedown combo.
    Monday's times have changed, so I'm going to stick with Tuesday and Thursday for BJJ.
    Ground work - low mount, moving to high mount and working one elbow up and across the face with the body.
    Move into S mount and finish with leg over their head straight armlock, or come back to arm bar/juji gatame.
    Worked a variation with one hand round the back of the head which looked like a good combination to put with eziekiel from mount.
    Sparring 3 rounds.
    Another great session, really enjoying training at this club.
    It felt like starting back this year I have improved from before I stopped for Christmas, able to get in better positions than before, pass better, and shut down attacks, energy conservation is better. If I could quantify it, I would say maybe 10-20% better than before. :)

Friday

reviewing my sleep - the amount is about "normal" for what I get with interruptions, resting HR is hanging in low 60s which is a minor improvement. Most mornings I felt rough on my chest. To add to all this my GP messed up my asthma med renewal, so I was 2 days without.

Deadlift
    I lighter workout than planned, until I'm resting properly. Also I introduced the puppy to the gym, so she gets used to all the different places and things, I set her up with a safe space and she just laid down for the most part.

20kgx10, 60kgx5, 80kgx5, 100kgx5, 110kgx3, 120kgx3.

High bar squat
    20kg 3x10

Adding in some neck work after getting a neck harness (which my wife commented that is looked like some S&M thing).
    Starting light with high reps and going no where near failure as this is accessory work.

neck harness raise
    2.5kgx10, 2.5kgx12, 5kgx10

a lot lighter than I could do, so I'm happy with that.

2 min light jog in the garden whilst being bounced on by a puppy.
    2 min shadow boxing.
    2 min light stretch (whilst being jumped on again)

Travess likes this.
  2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu Supporter

Saturday/Sunday
    Rest- an active weekend with no workouts planned.

Monday
    No planned workout, did a few bits to keep me active - 5 minutes Shadow boxing, 2 minutes stretching.
    2x5 Pushups
    3x5 squats

Travess likes this.