Articles on knife lies

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by guro_abon, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

and, as always, can we have this in english please :D

2. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Keep it above the belt, mate :D No need to lower yourself. Just move on to another topic and stay happy.

Lots of love :love:

Lucy

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2006
  3. Sun_Helmet

Sun_Helmet New Member

Just responding and clarifying shooto's misinterpretation of the flyer.
    See page 6, post 83.

--Rafael--

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Fair enough, but I am pretty sure Shootodog was not making any bad comments, he was just asking a simple question. From what I know of Shootodog, he respects both the Sayoc and PTK people. As a matter of fact he like many of us respect all of those who have a love of the FMA as a whole.

As I said, I am sure it was just a case of wires getting crossed mate.

Best regards

Pat

5. Pat OMalley

And from what I gather Salami has been banned for the comments he has made.
    And rightly so.

Best regards

Pat

6. Sun_Helmet

Sun_Helmet New Member

Very good point Edges.
    --Rafael--

7. jacenskylo

jacenskylo New Member

Well it looks like the the guy who questioned Marshall's work has had some of his research questioned as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hackworth#Controversy

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If that weapon is my handgun, I already have it ready, and they're over 10 yards away, that's the only kind of knife fight I'd like to be in.

9. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

What's the word in Tagalog, or in other applicable Filipino languages, for "necromancy"?

10. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Pagtatanda sa manga na ngamamatay.

Thanks Google.

11. Pat OMalley

Wow who dragged this out of the grave and why?

12. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Somebody who wanted to drag Colonel David Hackworth's name through the mud, it looks like. Hackworth was always a straight shooter and had a pair that were cannonball-sized. There's no doubting Hack was a bad mother. RIP Colonel.

13. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Valued Member

Thanks for hanging that one out like a big pinata.

Wikepedia's not exactly the accuracy police, since anyone can edit in and edit out any point of view that suits their agenda. Hackworth threatened to sue the news agency that questioned his honesty, and received a letter of apology from the same news agency, quoted on the Wikipedia article that you reference, that absolved him completely.

It's well known that Hackworth and Marshall had a falling out and that Hackworth made clear why this happened. Hackworth's recounting has been questioned by Marshall's grandson in a book, but here again, the issue is not whether someone remembers Marshall or Hackworth differently, but whether (1) Marshall actually did the research for which he received credit, and (2) whether his conclusions with respect to how often infantry soldiers actually engage the enemy bear any weight.

Whether you agreed with him or not, Hackworth always said what was on his mind and stood by it - and he was willing to suffer for the courage of his convictions. To suggest that Hackworth's research has been "questioned" doesn't really begin to say anything.

Best,

Steve