Arcade Has Returned!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anth, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Yep, I've got it upgraded :D

Only five games in there at the moment but more will be added at some point in the future, hopefully soon :)

To get in the Arcade simply click the big "Arcade" button up next to Clubs. Old rules still apply though!

If anyone spots any bugs with the new arcade, please post them in the Bug Tracker thread.

Have fun! :D

Anth

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Woo-hoo! Let the mad scramble for highscores begin. :D

3. slix

slix Valued Member

Do you have to be a contributing member or something?
    Sorry may be too new to know what the 'old rules still apply' entails
    it tells me i can't access chopper :(

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Old rules means you have to be here for at least 2 weeks and have 50 posts before you can use the Arcade.

It stops people signing up just to use the Arcade without bothering to contribute on the forums.

5. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

So is that why I can not get the arcade to work?

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

We still have some problems that I'm baffled by. Some people can use the arcade fine, some (with exactly the same permissions) cant. Everything is saying it should be working perfectly but obviously not.

7. Nice guy J

Nice guy J New Member

arcade challenges

so how can you challenge people in the arcade. can some one help me with this??

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

First by having the posts and the time on MAP to actually use the arcade.

9. Nice guy J

Nice guy J New Member

thanks.

10. Bozryel

Bozryel My brain is melting...

Very nice. It's a while since I've been here but I plan on being around more. :cool:

11. nready

I can now get on the arcade what ever your magic ability is it does work. What I mean by that is thank you. Even though I will probably rarely use it.

12. nready

I have a question for arcade people, so have you ever gotten in to like a zone, you know like when you fight or do martial arts, a zone like that and time does not pass?

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Arcade is back again! Sorry about the downtime but we had to change the system a bit to solve some problems, notably being unable to add new games.

We now have 22 games in there, including some classics and one that is quite frankly daft :D

Have fun! :D :Angel: :D

14. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Good work Anth!

15. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

22 :eek:

*makes a dash for the Arcade*

Is it sad that I'm actually excited?

16. Can I just point out a slight bug/error I've found?

On the darts game, the scoring system is BACKWARDS :( As each throw corresponds to one "point", the person who took the most throws (see: was the worst) actually gets the better score.

I just scored a 45 (got 501 in 45 throws) and was nowhere on the leaderboard. I then deliberately took a higher number of shots (99 as it turned out) and was awarded champion.

Can you see the problem? :)

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I can see the problem but can't fix it myself. Doesn't mean I won't try to if I can get my laptop working properly though :)

18. Cool - other than that it looks great now. Much better than the old arcade! :)

19. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Another error (or just me being dumb). The ninjer game, I've completed it on all levels but not got a score on the board? I don't think it adds.

Great Arcade though, been in there for hours!

I love how it takes your highest score for that game, instead of plastering the top scores with 20 of your own.

20. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I know the ninja game doesn't add scores - it isn't compatible with things like that thanks to how it was coded.